Texecom SmartCom - App: Cannot log in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My last question before I retire to my day job what I know what im doing..

I have a Smartcom plugged into the panel as per instructions (Elite 64-W) all is configured and i'm getting an IP address on Com2 (IPCom) from my router. I am using Wintex and can connect to the unit using TCP/IP but cannot connect to Wintex using the Smartcom. Also when trying with the app, I can get an Texecom activation code so must be speaking with Texecom servers but crashes out on the Logging page and goes no further. The Wintex is simular as just times out.

Do I need port forwarding ? 10001 to IP address - in and out ? (Sky broadband)
Do I need to add encryption ?

Any other places I could be going wrong ?

On another note I have 2 wireless bellboxes which are setup as a zone with custom settings, I guess I just tick Bell/strobe ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Shouldn’t need to change anything on the router , is it WiFi or hardwired ? I had an issue with a WiFi smart com last week that kept crashing out , it took a fair few attempts for it to connect , kept saying the connection speed was low ....but it got there in the end

Sponsored Links
yes its got a dhcp address, I only have range of 5 IP's on that router for DHCP but yes its taking the last one.

I put the activation code in, then I add my user code, It then goes through the scroll bar underneath and then says logging in but will then stop and say there is an issue.

that might be the problem I thought it was user code I need to enter ? I go into panel as user and generate the activation code so I use my user code to log in

C9F8FA1A-C09C-449C-859C-FD22742FC308.png
Have you done all of the following ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back