Texecom Smartcom Setup Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Starting a new thread after reading people experiencing similar issues to those described here:

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/texecom-connect-smartcom-problem.523131/page-2#post-4629270

After some building works which included powering off the texecom for a couple of months and in the interim changing my network and ISP, my smartcom stopped working. I had an engineer from the company that installed the alarm re-commission everything, however he was unable to get the smartcom working. The smartcom cloud light is flashing and when trying to generate a code for the texacom connect app, I was getting a 'retrying: no carrier' error message.

I've spent sometime playing with the setup and after reading some of the threads on here, I discovered that the arc configuration was set to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and updated the primary and secondary numbers to: 52.34.136.45/50501 and 52.212.160.114/50502 respectively.

This fixed the activation code issue, however the cloud light continues to flash and when I put the activation code in to the iOS app, it says connecting, then logging in before it times out.

The smartcom is connected via cat6a ethernet to a ubiquiti unify network and is correctly getting an IP address. I have also checked that all of the required ports are open.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
down power the smart com and power it back up, literally unplug the connector to smart com had a similar issue very recently.

if the smart com is updated and the panel is up to date then using the 127 instead of the numbers should be fine.

Ok - I'm still getting the same issue, the cloud light is flashing initially a fast pulse and now slow. For some reason the wifi is connected again as well as ethernet, not sure if there is a way to make it forget the SSID?

Could it be something like it being unable to authenticate or find the cloud server

Sponsored Links
Is there anywhere I can get a copy of Wintex for OSX? Might help if I can connect over the LAN

I have suffered a simular issue in the past, i managed to resolve by resetting the texecom connect

Remove lid and then presst the reset / wifi button 5 times in quick sucession.

This was on the advice of Texecom once they confirmed the device was registering on their servers but not responding

Hope that helps

Hi All - Managed to finally get this working today after a speaking to Texecom support in the week. The fact so was already getting an activation code meant that the network wasn’t a problem - I removed and reconfigured the smartcom a few times and today it suddenly kicked in to life - not sure if the support guys did something remotely with the cloud account - either way, happily working!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back