Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

sorry this is probably a noob question, I have the premier elite 64 with the smartcom setup. Smartcom connects to 2 serial ports and shows up in the communication options panel on com port 1 and com port 2.

neither has an IP address, comport 1 (smartcom) is dhcp wifi I believe, I was just wondering if com port 2 could be assigned a different IP?

Basically I am trying to get my home automation (hass.io) integrated into texecom, it does seem I can connect via wintex and still connect via the texecom app (which I thought was not possible as it only allowed one connection at a time).

People on hassio forums say they have gone and installed a comip as well as smartcom, but confused as my smartcom seems to list both?

the ip is listed in com 2 as 000.000.000.000

has anyone else ever done a home automation installation? on the other forums they are mentionig the crestron and connect apis, i dont want to mess up my setup and lock myself out but would love to get this integrated with hassio which is an aswesome home automation platform, i have my cctv auto arm/disarm based on geofence in there and does a whole bunch of automation if our presense is away/time of day, trigger actions etc, and would love to add in my texecom arm/disarm into my automations.

this probably wont make much sense the way its written unless you have played with hassio etc but just trying to get started, can i have 2 IPs, can i enable crestron on one? how? has anyone done any integration with HA platforms?

Thanks
Darren

Sponsored Links
smart com has two parts.

1. smart com connection for your app
2. comip (your notifications)

you need another comip

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back