Texecom veritas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought the above alarm and wish to fit it myself but am having a scratch the head moment and don't know where to begin. :oops:

The instructions are not that clear either. Not sure how the control panel attaches to the keypad.

Is there a universal guide that will help me please.

Sponsored Links
Did you get the Install Manual with the panel?

It's all in there with very good pictures with instructions.

Which Veritas is it?

Did you get the Install Manual with the panel?
It's all in there with very good pictures with instructions.

Which Veritas is it?

Its the R8 model.

Doesnt seem to be a battery included either. :(

The manual not diy friendly and does not seem to cater for an absolute newbie to alarms.
Please help.

thanks

Sponsored Links
In the manual find the page with a picture of the circuit board.

The connection terminals are all marked and numbered, in my copy of that manual in the middle there are 4 terminals marked as '8' , they are T R - + these are your keypad connections, the keypad has the same, just connect T to T, R to R, - to - & + to +

The battery always has to be bought separately, 7Ah in this case.

The R8 is aimed at the DIY market. IMHO
The manual tells you everything step by step.
Sit down and read it, not skim it.

Thanks Europlex.

Do I use the 6 core cable to connect everything to each other. :?:

Does the keypad have to be located near the control panel.

As I said I am a complete novice and need step by step instructions if you can help.

Panel under stairs, RKP near front door. Or similar.

6 core cable to EVERY device is a VERY good idea, not everyone does it though, false economy to my mind.

I don't mind helping, a bit, but as Alarm has said this panel is for the DIY market and the Instruction Manual supplied is quite comprehensive.

Spend time running cables from panel to each point, read the manual more than once and then again for luck, the penny will drop.

Have a go, then come back to THIS THREAD to ask again. If it's all kept together we can all see what advice you need and have already been given.

Don't be frightened of it.

I fitted a Texecom Premier myself (DIY) and as said before reading the instructions thoroughly beforehand is a good idea.

What I would do is run all the cables first and then work on connecting it all together. To keep it simple run 1 6-core cable from each PIR/sensor to the control panel, including a 6 core to the external bellbox. Once this is done follow the instructions on adding each of the sensors (zone's) and the bellbox/remote keypad etc.

I found programming the Premier the hardest bit, but it's getting more familiar each time I tinker with the settings. The latest thing I did was to add the GSM kit so we can set the alarm via SMS and receive alerts if it goes off.

Hi fellas

Still doing a bit on this alarm day by day. Just need a bit more help.

I have a dorma bungalow with a conservatory so....... where do you think I should locate the PIRs. Also have 2 door contacts.......should they be screwed into UVPC doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back