Texecom view zone named on alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a premier 48 and it's working just fine in general.

The alarm went off at 1am last night. Turned out my wife had left the shed door open and a fox wandered in, however it was quite frustrating to spend 5 minutes at the panel trying to remember how to view which zone number 18 was.

Is there a way to show the zone text rather than the number when it alarms so when I come down I can quickly check the correct part of the house for the issue.

I trawled the manual but couldn't see anything relevant. Any help much appreciated.

David

Sponsored Links
Yes. All the zones are named so when I browse to zone setup and scroll to the names/description they all have names. The one in question is called 'shed' but it just says 'zone 18 in alarm' on the panel.

I guess the answer is that there is no way..

Sponsored Links
There must be a way, but unfortunately I don't know the Texecom range so can't help in that respect.
Why not as most do, write a list showing Zone number and what the zone is.

Z1 Final Exit Front door
Z2 Hall PiR
Z3 Lounge PiR
etc
etc

Simples

Why was this 'normal thing' not done when the system was installed?

Yes it was on wintex, which I have. The keypad is right by the front door and has no flap so keeping a list just there isn't ideal. I could do that but I hoped that you could show the names since they're in there anyway.

Ok where have you typed in the zone name in wintex ? Top box or bottom box in zones ?

Hi. sorry for the delay in replying.. just got the texecom console open. The zone name is in the top and bottom box, for example 'kitchen' in the top and 'pir' in the bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back