Texecom Wintex move to new PC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
my first post, hope someone can be kind enough to help.
I installed an elite 64 and had/have it all working, with a SmartCom, connect app, and wintex etc.

I then setup a new PC and want to move wintex to this new machine, but, i seem unable to get wintex on the new machine to connect, the old machine will still connect so I know my smartcom is online etc, but, cannot get the new machine to connect despite using what I think are the same settings. When I click connect via smartcom it asks for my 6 digit passcode, which from the wintex on the old machine i generate from the keypad, enter it and i always get error of "please check your network connection and try again"

I have tried a million times. On the new machine I have turned off the firewalls, windows defender etc, I don't think its anything on my network setup as the old machine is on the same network and will still connect.

I have entered my UDL passcode (same as an old one). New setup has no serial number as I believe it gets that on connecting, it has no GUID again I think it gets that on connecting.

Am I missing something?

how does wintex know which server locally I want to connect to? under the setup for smartcom it has host address of broker2.texe.com - but how does this come back to my local server? I must be missing something i figured out/found out last time I set it up but have been banging my head now for hours.

Thanks in advance
Darren

Sponsored Links
Make sure you have the udl passcode setup on the new account correctly and generate the app code from the app.

worst case you should be able to export or copy the account and import them into your new wintex.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I tried an export and import, that didn't work either, when I did that hitting the connect by smartcom did nothing at all, zero, no error or anything.

I tried getting code from app, not sure if I did that correctly or not, signet into app as master, went to users, selected master, clicked the slider to allow mobile user which gave me 6 digit code but again always the same error

The new pc is fresh build, firewall and defender off, it can ping the smartcom, so I am a bit stumped, even dig a couple of uninstall and reinstall, reboots, etc.

The udl pass code is the same as on old setup as clicking on the asterix reveals the numbers.

Odd

Well the panel hasn't changed just Wintex.

shame you not about right know could have tried it on my Wintex, if the app is working then Wintex on the new PC shouldn't be an issue.

The only thing I can think of is the changes to Wintex itself:-

Wintex 6.2.6.x + version has dependency on msvcr100.dll/msvcr120.dll Windows system level components. These components come with Microsoft Visual c/c++ Redistribute Packages.

The machines which doesn't have these packages installed they will give an error that these dll are missing when Wintex launches and will not connect via Smartcom

Before installing latest Wintex 6.2.6.x + version, please download and install below packages.

· vcredist_x86.exe for msvcr100.dll package
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555

· vcredist_x86.exe for msvcr120 package
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40784

sourced from Texecom forum.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
again thanks for the replies and help. I have uninstalled and currently installing the dependencies, will then reinstall and see if that works, then try an import and see if that works, fingers crossed...

didnt work :( installed the above, re-installed wintex, started up wintex, import, connect smartcom, enter 6 digit code from mobile app and it says the same, check your network connection, its a very poor app in terms of error/log detailing to get down into the detail.

i dont know if it means anything but on exiting wintex i get the access violation at address 000000 error, I dont think this is the cause of anything but annoying all the same

maybe you should look at the Texecom forum as you are more likely to get support from their tech that have probably experienced this many times.

I have never had this issue, thik there were comments on their forum about 32 and 64 bit versions

yeah i think you'r right, i forgot about that forum, will give that a whirl now,thanks

Dazzaboy9, I have suffered in the same way as you and have yet to find an answer. I could not find anything relevant on the Texecom forum, Did you get the issue resolved?

would need to look at these deeper with a remote desktop connection.

in general if the panel produces the app code originally, then generating an app code from the smrt device should be enough to use wintex to connect.

Things that stop it working are not installed properly, no unique code, wrong udl, code expired and the list goes on.

I have tried re-installiing, repeated attempts with codes well within the time frame, using the udl as shown on the working system, plus a lot more, all to no avail. I would welcome a remote look.

Issue resolved, but I have no idea why! I loaded iCloud for Windows this morning and noticed that the Wintex icon 'flashed' several times during the download process. Once iCloud was installed, I opened Wintex, acquired a code from the app and Bingo! The mysterious workings of computers!

@Jenks2
Thanks you so much for sharing this.
Same issues as above.
Installed icloud (I have no apple products) and this managed to solve the issue :)

Very strange fix but works

I've had the exact same problem as Dazzaboy, and have just spent the last four hours trying every possible solution ,to no avail.
Then found this thread and tried Jenks2 solution.
I also do not own any apple products, my smart phone and tablet are both android, but I downloaded and installed I cloud for Windows on my PC and hey presto I can remotely connect to panels with Wintex.
Brilliant solution.
Thanks , much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back