Texecom Wintex upload fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

So I was just making a minor change in Wintex on my Premier 48, whilst sending the change to the panel via the network something must have gone tits up on the network and the connection dropped from my laptop.

Now all the keypads show no information (date has been reset, top line is blank), I cannot connect in Wintex on the usual IP and putting in default engineer code says "You need a user to enable access".

I am guessing the update got corrupted, and the panel has been set back to the factory defaults?

So the question is - will Wintex have the last set of panel settings saved with the account settings, and how do I go about connecting to the panel to upload these?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As long as you have saved the account , the udl code may have defaulted , how are you connecting to the panel ? Local eg USB comm or via network/ remote

Trying to connect via network

Pinging the IP it used to be on gets no replies

Actually ignore that, ping works

says cannot connect to panel in wintex, using both the original UDL and what I was trying to change it to

Sponsored Links
It could be loads of things it may have lost the IP module , do you have a USB comm? Default udl is 1234 it would normally say the udl is incorrect

unfortunately not

So I just tried my user code and that was recognised. Enabled Engineer, then put in engineer code to check UDL, this is the new UDL I had set whilst the connection dropped. I have now set this back to the previous one which I know worked with everything.

there are 2 comips, one for home automation and one for panel comms.

OK cool so checked under Module Setup

IP and port is correct

UDL I am using is definitely same as displayed on the keypads too now

So it just fails to connect in Wintex for some reason. It manages to do the first bit (reading serial or whatever it is) then just says check settings and try again.

strange

The problem sounds like the new udl.

your home automation may use the old udl so changing it cpuld stop the home automation and access unless its updated in the places that use it.

Yep that makes sense. I've changed the UDL back to the old one now but still the same behaviour.

Something along the line got corrupted because the date reset to 2013 and top display line of the keypads is blank. All the IP information from the keypads (gateway, IP, port etc) are correct however (for the 2nd of the two comIP modules)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back