Update firmware texecom 48w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I update the firmware i read that it says "It is HIGHLY recommended that you use Wintex UDL to upload and save all control panel data BEFORE flashing the control panel"

Is that basically saying receive ALL data and save, then after updating firmware send that data back to the controller? so all my settings pre update are then restored as they were before

It then says "If as recommended, you uploaded the profile data into Wintex™ before flashing the control panel, the following procedure will ensure that all new features will be set to their default settings:"
What does it mean by default settings? My original programming settings, or default as in factory default?

Sponsored Links
make sure you have latest version of wintex and richochet moniter

make sure you have the richochet data to be received and save it.

depending on what you are flashing from and to you may have issues regardless.

you can flash the 48-w to 64-W apparently according to Texecom

make sure you have latest version of wintex and richochet moniter

make sure you have the richochet data to be received and save it.

depending on what you are flashing from and to you may have issues regardless.

you can flash the 48-w to 64-W apparently according to Texecom
Why richochet monitor?
I am flashing from the Texecom CDH-0001 Premier Flasher Interface to a premiere 48w to allow me to install a smartcom wifi

"richochet data to be received and save it"
Can you expand on this? do you mean the data stored under the account i have saved in wintex

Last edited:
if you have any issues the first thing you will be asked if you have the latest versions of both.

I cant speak for how wintex and ricochet monitor are linked with various updates, but is always advised to keep uptodate.

I know that was advised of going from certain firmware versions to 4 that the way the data is stored for ricochet is different and was advised to relearn all the devices manually, so don't be surprised if that's required regardless.

when you look at wintex account under panel details.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks, have latest versions of both now, just hope all my settings don't get screwed.

Well not a job i recommend doing!! Ended up having to start from scratch again re learn everything, thankfully i made two accounts on wintex so could use old one to refer to for programming. Now onto the job i wanted instal a smartcom

at least it should be okay now, going form a 4.x to 4.x and so on.

with the smart com give us a shout if you get stuck.
wifi or ethernet?

at least it should be okay now, going form a 4.x to 4.x and so on.

with the smart com give us a shout if you get stuck.
wifi or ethernet?
Managed to get smartcom set up and now connected via phone. I can however only use disarmed and part arm, full arm is greyed out. If i try part arm i get "System not ready. the app has detected that there is something preventing it from arming"
Could it be i have alarms zone 17 (my back door sensor) something like r/bat issue

Also can this smartcom not be accessed in anyway from a browser? (or wintex remotely ) Thanks

Now getting check your user code is correct when i have logged into app. what a day!

Last edited:
well the app can only arm with a valid user code and with the system not in fault or zone active.

secondly have you setup all the devices and rooms etc in the app.

once you have done all that I would come out of the app and then back in to make sure the system has been updated.

Ok cleared all the alarms, have set up all rooms and can now see door sensors live on app ( not motion though) but still only see disarmed in white and partly armed in white fully armed is greyed out.
Had to go back in and set up again as when i disconnected to use wintex on com 1 everything to do with smartcom was lost. back there now though.

Under Rooms and control i see nothing?

If I want to connect wintex how do i do this via smartcom rather than disconnecting it?

the app code was valid for 60 mins.

so if that's expired, create an app code from the app in manager user

if your struggling you can create the app code on the panel, but only use that for wintex, do not use it for setting up another app as it will result I n you having to reset up everything in the app again.

At this moment i am only using one area, that is named along with all my zones.
I managed 1st time round to connect app, but i then disconnected the lead from com 1 so i could access the wintex. once removed and smart com connected again it just lost everything programmed for it, so i did the setup again, now in app ok but not entirely sure what i can do, can't arm it

Some photos

Attachments

• IMG_6445.JPG
    IMG_6445.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_6446.JPG
    IMG_6446.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_6447.JPG
    IMG_6447.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 270
whats showing on your home screen?
where are you when your trying to arm?
are any devices in fault or active?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back