Thames Water - £13bn debt - going under

Sponsored Links
I don't. It's just that I'm not dumb enough to believe that sewage being dumped into rivers can only happen in a privatised company under a Conservative govt.

Or dumb enough to realise that privatising natural monoplies doesn't work out for the consumer.

Sponsored Links
Or dumb enough to realise that privatising natural monoplies doesn't work out for the consumer.
I was quite happy with my free shares that I got for BT or Gas or Water or whatever. I think I sold them for £300+ Everyone I knew sold theirs too.

It's like some folk think something went horribly wrong here & it never happened before & it will never happen again.

What has happened here has happened because the people who make this sort of thing happen WANTED it to happen so they set about MAKING it happen.

Thames Water has admitted it has failed to install a single smart water meter under a flagship £70m programme to fit hundreds of thousands of the devices to support the UK’s “green economic recovery” from Covid-19.

The company has told regulators and investors that it is yet to begin installing the 204,700 smart water meters promised in the Thames Valley region, which are due to be fitted by the end of March 2025.

In July 2021, the industry regulator, Ofwat, gave the green light to water companies to invest £2.7bn, which could later be recovered through bills, on accelerating a series of projects to “build back greener from the pandemic”, including new bathing rivers and efforts to protect habitats. Thames was earmarked £71.9m under the plan to roll out smart meters in the Thames Valley.

GoGreen@theGuardinia

You'd think they'd at least try to look like they're making an effort...

Debt in a company is good for business apparently, it kept far-rage in an elite bank for a while

Blup

Thames Water has admitted it has failed to install a single smart water meter under a flagship £70m programme to fit hundreds of thousands of the devices to support the UK’s “green economic recovery” from Covid-19.

The company has told regulators and investors that it is yet to begin installing the 204,700 smart water meters promised in the Thames Valley region, which are due to be fitted by the end of March 2025.

In July 2021, the industry regulator, Ofwat, gave the green light to water companies to invest £2.7bn, which could later be recovered through bills, on accelerating a series of projects to “build back greener from the pandemic”, including new bathing rivers and efforts to protect habitats. Thames was earmarked £71.9m under the plan to roll out smart meters in the Thames Valley.

GoGreen@theGuardinia

You'd think they'd at least try to look like they're making an effort...

Sounds like parachuting in a Tory chum as a (highly-remunerated) chief should be the preferred solution to this caper (y) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back