Thank you gcol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got round to sealing the tiles in my kitchen and used Dow Corning 785 as you recommended, whilst not cheap it is very very good. No more cheap silicone for me.

Sponsored Links
As always in life you pay for what you get. . . . .

I have just got round to sealing the tiles in my kitchen and used Dow Corning 785 as you recommended, whilst not cheap it is very very good. No more cheap silicone for me.
Awww you get a warm cosey feeling at times like these. Simon, if you want to give thanks for 785, point it at Softus - he's the biggest advocate of the stuff on here (bless his cotton socks). It's decent stuff for sure, but personally I don't put it leaps and bounds above many other silicones. I use it myself, not because it's wonderful stuff, but because my builders merchants stocks it and it's about £3 a tube. ;)

Incidently, it's good of you to reply and let us know that the advice you have received has worked out for you. Many on here don't take the time. Raspeck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back