Thank you to George Floyd demonstrators for testing social distancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
going to work is necessary to have an economy
So packed inside commuter trains/buses/tube trains every day is ok, but occasional protests outside are not?

Could you tell us of the relative risks?

Or is it that it's not the risk of 'virus spread' that bothers you, but the protest issue?

Sponsored Links
If you look at the photos of the uk BLM protests, 95% of the protesters wore masks

Then if you look at the photos of the "let's protect statues " brigade, 95% weren't wearing masks

So who's spreading the virus?
I would very much disagree with your 95% figures and would suggest neither should be there. Both lots are as thick as two short planks, they deserve each other, but then again with the thick stupid brain dead gov we currently have, what more could we expect. I really do despair at what is going on at the moment.

The whole set of rules introduced by Johnson were flawed, to say before moving home you need to register with a doctor near that home makes sense, it insures the heath system in that area can cope with the people living there. But to say you must pay 40% extra council tax for infrequent used home, then not allowed to used it, then add more insult when Johnson moves to Checkers, even if it did make sense to do it, was broadcasting the wrong message, it was saying only the rich and privileged can use second homes.

When some one is fined for fishing, but not when demonstrating again wrong message is being sent, I am told travel limited to 5 miles, and 20 miles is outside limit when needed to visit shops or for medical, but the reason for only 14 deaths in whole of Powys is there are no hospitals in Powys they are in England, so size of Powys it is clear you need to travel well over 20 miles.

And although on the A5 there is a big sign Welsh Colvid-19 rules apply, on the A495 all there is to see is a small sign saying Powys, how many English know Powys is in Wales and Welsh rules apply?

Sponsored Links
So packed inside commuter trains/buses/tube trains every day is ok, but occasional protests outside are not?
who ever said that was wrong, please take your objection to them

You are prioritising the economy over equality and justice during a pandemic?
When does equality and justice get to be a priority?

As for the violence and criminal damage, tell that to the right wing 'protesters'.
I assume you will express similar disappointment with their protests?

Don't put words in my mouth. I spotted your post-hoc editing.

I prioritise health and safety during the pandemic.
You choose not to address the other points?

You choose not to address the other points?

I've chosen to tell you what in my opinion is the only aand absolute priority at this time.

I haven't seen any right wing 'protestors' in the last week who were staging mass events with no social distancing in breach of the regulations or vandalising and tearing down statues.

I've chosen to tell you what in my opinion is the only aand absolute priority at this time.

I haven't seen any right wing 'protestors' in the last week who were staging mass events with no social distancing in breach of the regulations or vandalising and tearing down statues.
But rioting in 'defence' of statues today by far right protesters in several places around the country is ok with you?

Priti Patel condemns ‘unacceptable thuggery’ as statue demonstrators clash with police

"Home secretary Priti Patel has condemned acts of “unacceptable thuggery” by anti-Black Lives Matter protesters who have clashed with police in London.
Hundreds of mostly white men descended on Parliament Square on Saturday after far-right groups, such as Britain First, called on supporters to guard statues of historical figures."

But rioting in 'defence' of statues today by far right protesters in several places around the country is ok with you?

Priti Patel condemns ‘unacceptable thuggery’ as statue demonstrators clash with police

"Home secretary Priti Patel has condemned acts of “unacceptable thuggery” by anti-Black Lives Matter protesters who have clashed with police in London.
Hundreds of mostly white men descended on Parliament Square on Saturday after far-right groups, such as Britain First, called on supporters to guard statues of historical figures."

I haven't seen those - I'm not glued to the TV 24/7. My comments relate to the events that have been reported since we imported the protests from the USA two weeks ago.

If there are protestors of any persuasion gathering at a mass event in breach of the COVID-19 regulations, then yes, I condemn them. And I condemn all violence. And I condemn all criminal damage.

Blm protests mostly peaceful, people wearing masks.

Counter protests by edl and co, few masks, attacking police, shouting in people's faces.

You're more likely to catch covid in a shop next week then in an open air march.

Everybody boycotting non essential shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back