the best laid plans and all that.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
''A canoeist who turned up five years after he was feared drowned has been arrested at his son's home in Basingstoke.
Hampshire police arrested John Darwin, 57, at his 25-year-old son Anthony's home on request of Cleveland Police. He was being questioned by police as it emerged that a photo was apparently taken of him and his wife last year.
Mr Darwin's wife Anne, 55, on Tuesday told reporters she had believed her husband was dead and had claimed, in "good faith", on his life insurance.
But on Wednesday the Daily Mirror reported that a photo of the Darwins was apparently taken in Panama last year when they stayed in an apartment there.''

If they get caught out and found guilty, will his kids gets drawn into it as well? well they must all be in on it and starting to get jittery about it , I bet.

Sponsored Links
I heard the wife and son had fled the country shortly before he reappeared

Whichever of them has made money out of the scam or was part of a conspiracy can expect to be in trouble.

she went six weeks ago, if they all went they would probably get away with it.

the radio 1 news claims there is pic of them all together less than a year ago. the old bill are looking into and are talking about getting her back here for questioning and maybe extraditing if needed

Sponsored Links
Not if they were crooks and I wanted to join them in jail

seems the wife has now admitted its a put up, one thing she did say is i hope the kids dont hold a grudge :confused: how would you feel if you were told your dad was dead and your mum knew it was made up??? not a good ending to a potentially very funny story (anyone remember harold of neighbours????) :LOL:

Wasn't really a Neighbours fan but presumably Harold also did a Regi Perrin.

What was that business of Bobby in Dallas (something to do with a dream and a shower).

I wonder how long it'll be before another photo turn's up of the whole family.
I just find it hard to believe that they wouldnt have told their son's.

I wonder how long it'll be before another photo turn's up of the whole family.
I just find it hard to believe that they wouldnt have told their son's.

Heard one of the sons on the radio today saying that neither he nor his brother ever wanted to see or speak to their parents again. It came through that he hated the mother more for keeping up the 'dead dad' pretence for 5 years.

Sponsored Links
Back