'Burglar' stabbed to death in Manchester

Sponsored Links
Just getting back on the subject track...........I think there is abit more to this with these guys bursting in with balaclavas ...I mean it was not the most prosperous of houses so I would be surprised if there was rich pickings for them........but lets also assume that the owner of the house was at home and these guys was after revenge for something bad he did himself?? .........wait until you hear the full facts

I am vey pleased that most of the people on here take the view that a homeowner should have the right to attack anyone breaking into their home.

Its odd that we have come to a situation that although you pay to buy a house its still legal for scums to break in when you go down to the pub and the police will do nothing as they deem squatting is a legal activity and you will need to book into hotel for six weeks while your solicitor spends £2500 getting your house back for you.

The sooner this country comes to its senses over crime, criminals etc. the better for everyone.

This guy has my full support. We were broken into 2 weeks ago by a gang of 8. They took 2 cars worth 22k and a 3.5k quad and we didn't hear a thing. We knew they were coming back, they had tried the house doors but took sets of keys and remotes for doors. We changed all the locks and remotes and i installed an alarm and dialler on the garages. Last week the alarm went off at 2am. Looked out to see the security lights on. Called 999, grabbed my shotgun out of the cabinet and waited. It took the police 40 mins to get here!!!!!!!! The police station is 800m down the road!!!!!!! Luckily the scum bags heard the alarm and fled. The dog handler tracked them for over a mile and lost the scent. I have no doubt if they had come through my front door what i would have done, i'm glad i didn't have to but we need to be able to protect our homes and families without fear of prosecution.

Sponsored Links
Just heard the guy that died was known to the police for this sort of crime.......................... more **** out thge way

I would question why our society leaves people who are known to do these crimes out to terrorise innocent people.

Lock them all up for a long time the second time and the third time for ever. Or even better to................

I would question why our society leaves people who are known to do these crimes out to terrorise innocent people.

Lock them all up for a long time the second time and the third time for ever. Or even better to................
No you do'nt mean the dreaded ultimate punishment do you??

you thinking of making them fit a sink, thats a heinous punishment. :LOL:

This guy has my full support. We were broken into 2 weeks ago by a gang of 8. They took 2 cars worth 22k and a 3.5k quad and we didn't hear a thing. We knew they were coming back, they had tried the house doors but took sets of keys and remotes for doors. We changed all the locks and remotes and i installed an alarm and dialler on the garages. Last week the alarm went off at 2am. Looked out to see the security lights on. Called 999, grabbed my shotgun out of the cabinet and waited. It took the police 40 mins to get here!!!!!!!! The police station is 800m down the road!!!!!!! Luckily the scum bags heard the alarm and fled. The dog handler tracked them for over a mile and lost the scent. I have no doubt if they had come through my front door what i would have done, i'm glad i didn't have to but we need to be able to protect our homes and families without fear of prosecution.

Post = 1, Police station is 800 meters away...dog handler lost the scent, after a mile.......Do you write fiction/comedy for a living? Oh forgot, that you grabbed the shotgun, we all have those.

Was this reported in the news? I ought to think it should be, but I never saw that?

Back on track to reality; If you have some bones about someone in Salford, then I think, that you might have caused some aggression beforehand, especially 6 tooled up guys was it? So raid a house, expect to be attacked, as this seems to be no ordinary householder, ie the like of me or you, but the type that might keep a knuckleduster, gun, or baseball bat to hand? For his previous life, expecting this type of incident.

daibando - have you a crime number, a press release, or any other information about the crime committed against you? Broken into by a gang of 8 people? Cars worth 22k stolen?, but no mention on the news of such a crime? Not tied up? Not beaten? The eight people just walked in, took your keys, and your quad, how do you know there were 8 people? Jeez.

if some one busting down door, or breaking in , you are going to be scared
maybe terrified, you will pick up the most affective weapon you can see,
and use it ,maximum.
reasonable force is unrealistic .
but thay say reasonable force,may be due to protecting your property is open to abuse, ie some one planed it that way. only my opinion

Micmoody u idiot. Yes it sounds fictional but it happened. I'm really not seeing the funny side as I've spent the last 3 days cutting a channel in a concrete drive to install 100m of armoured cable to power new security gates. We've also spent a lot of time looking for them as we know the area they are riding the quad in. They didn't get in the house they broke in the office attached to the garage and found the key safe and took the keys. We know there were 8 of them as we bought the cars back and have a name of a guy involved. He's started blabbing with a bit of pressure.
As for the shotgun, I actually have 3 and do sporting clays and skeet on the weekends.
Police arent really interested. officers attitude was what can they do, they work hard to lock them up and the courts let them off lightly!!

Tread carefully daibando, If the police know that you have shotguns in your house and are prepared to use them to protect your property, they may well confiscate them. It happened recently to a lady farmer who had travellers parking illegally on her land. They confiscated the shotgun and took her licence off her too. Seems they now want to protect the bloody criminals. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sounds like you got worse treatment than me daibando.
Not worse than my neighbour though when 4 masked man burst in and fired a shot inside his home whilst the bloke was trying to protect his wife and daughter. Thay had ropes with them and were going to tie them all up. How horrifying is that?
I don't know how he did it but he managed to fend them off.

Reminds me of the incident in America where a family were bound up by intruders and then acid poured down their throats. There was a film about it. Can't remember the name though.

Just remember the law is not on your side in the UK.
In Ireland they changed the legislation much more in favour of the home owner.
Though I think they tightened the gun laws up. So give in one hand and take away with the other.
If you've time google "Padraig McNally shoots Burgular". Very similar to the Tony Martin case.

What type of gate are you fitting? Roll in, roll out on a cantilever design?

I've a cantilever one fitted also.
The Beninca automation has given trouble though and I was told its the best on the market.
Hope you have better luck.

At the moment round my way they would steal your eyes and maintain you were born blind, its got so bad. :(

I've a cantilever one fitted also.
The Beninca automation has given trouble though and I was told its the best on the market.
Hope you have better luck.
(

Came or Nice are the better cantilever operators IMHO.
FAAC is a close 3rd.

Sponsored Links
Back