The Big Red Bus

Did you believe The Big Red Bus.

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
If the case was deemed frivolous it would not have got this far. The fact that it has been referred to crown court suggests it has some merit.
I personally don't believe it will get much further but it is interesting none the less.

Having some merit, wasn't the test applied. She says the test applied in her report. https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Ball-v-Johnson-FV-290519.pdf

She clearly says its not about merit or fact, but it passes the test of being properly brought.

I posted it - see the blurb on his now deleted funding page, reported on the video I linked. Are you saying he's not in favour of remaining in the EU?

Sponsored Links
I posted it - see the blurb on his now deleted funding page, reported on the video I linked.
That's not 'proof'...

Fine, so you have an opinion...

No doubt blow job and the right wing press will continue the smear campaign, but when/if it gets to court no doubt we'll find out.

The fact that he started a funding campaign to 1. prosecute falsehoods presented by leave (not remain), 2. Use the (hopefully successfull) prosecution to get the results of the referendum reviewed in law and 3 once nullified, cancel leaving the EU.

At no point was he campaigning for a re-run.

Given the above - how can you argue he is an independent fighter of truth and justice and not someone seeking to cancel Brexit?

But the judiciary has already decided that there is a case to answer under existing law...

How far it gets is anyone's guess, but money usually talks :rolleyes:

Unless of course the judiciary decides to make a stand based on a legal basis!

While possibly having some merit, the above ("if it goes nowhere or he gets off, it was down to the money; if he goes down, justice has been properly served") is a poor state of affairs.

"No smoke without fire", eh?

I quoted the key point.

You've written a lot of flannel about the character of the person initiating the prosecution, which has no relevance to whether or not Buffoon lied in order to influence the election, nor to whether or not a man paid to be an MP is in public office.

And more flannel about how, in your opinion, it wasn't a very severe lie, and about how it might have been different if he'd said something different. Which is also irrelevant.

And more flannel about how, in your opinion, a politician who is found guilty of lying in order to influence the effects of an election might or might not cause the election to become invalid. Which is also irrelevant.

The fact that he started a funding campaign to 1. prosecute falsehoods presented by leave (not remain), 2. Use the (hopefully successfull) prosecution to get the results of the referendum reviewed in law and 3 once nullified, cancel leaving the EU.

At no point was he campaigning for a re-run.

Given the above - how can you argue he is an independent fighter of truth and justice and not someone seeking to cancel Brexit?
Simples...

He, like others, are entitled to an 'independent opinion' :)

Unless of course you disagree that it is his right to have that opinion?

Fortunately those in the business take their bias seriously. I read that the judicial review of the case has been delayed as the judge listed recused herself. Mrs Justice Thornton is married to Mr Edward Miliband.

It looks like Balls was the one flogging a dead horse - Mr Justice Supperstone and Lady Justice Rafferty have decided in the high court today that the case has no basis in law and have chucked it out. We will get the details once it has been written up. For now we can watch in amusement as the press misquote the ruling.

Its not clear if they have also ruled it vexatious, which might have further connotations for the prosecution team.

Or in short told you so :D

Or in short, politicians can blatantly lie without penalty...

What a wonderful country we are 'getting back'...

Of course quitters will be rejoicing in the fact that they enjoy being hoodwinked :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back