Msinformed gullible brexiteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you falsify the evidence to pretend the standards are stricter than they are, by omitting "Class III" and "Tolerances" from your C&P.

Have you been able to find the words "banned from sale" yet? No, because they aren't there. You are desperate to bolster your argument by deceit. Are you Boris Johnson?

Sponsored Links
Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2257/94 of 16 September 1994 laying down quality standards for bananas, sometimes referred to in the media as the bendy banana law, is a European Union regulation specifying classification standards for bananas, which took effect on 1 January 1995

It was replaced by Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1333/2011 of 19 December 2011 laying down marketing standards for bananas, rules on the verification of compliance with those marketing standards and requirements for notifications in the banana sector with effect as of 9 January 2012

And somewhere in one or both of those regulations are words to the effect that

the sale of bananas below the minimum size is almost always prohibited (with exceptions only for bananas from a few regions where bananas are traditionally smaller)

Yes I did say that bent cucumbers and curved bananas were banned by an EU dictate. It was an error on my part. I should have been more precise and said that excessively bent cucumbers and excessively curved bananas were banned from retail sale to the general public.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...-cant-get-over-it.462258/page-2#ixzz5kLvSBqx4

That's an easy mistake.. Don't beat your self up.

Bernard be aware there are some very excessively curved cocks that may give you a hard time

Sponsored Links
somewhere in one or both of those regulations are words to the effect

I couldn't find them. And you couldn't show them to me last time I asked.

What did the UK rules say, prior to the EU rules coming into effect?
(this is a very important question.)

What did the UK rules say, prior to the EU rules coming into effect?
(this is a very important question.)

You tell me as that might be something that supports your side of the discussion.

Try reading this
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriSer/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31994R2257:EN:HTML

quote from that

Sizing is determined by:

- the length of the edible pulp of the fruit, expressed in centimetres and measured along the convex face from the blossom end to the base of the peduncle,

- the grade, i.e. the measurement, in millimetres, of the thickness of a transverse section of the fruit between the lateral faces and the middle, perpendicularly to the longitudinal axis.

The reference fruit for measurement of the length and grade is:

- the median finger on the outer row of the hand,

- the finger next to the cut sectioning the hand, on the outer row of the cluster.

The minimum length permitted is 14 cm and the minimum grade permitted is 27 mm.

As an exception to the last paragraph, bananas produced in Madeira, the Azores, the Algarve, Crete and Lakonia which are less than 14 cm in length may be marketed in the Community but must be classified in Class II.

Last edited:
Do you think that class III cucumbers are banned?

"(iv) Class III('):
This class includes cucumbers which do not qualify for inclusion in the higher classes but satisfy the requirements specified for ClassII. However, crooked cucumbers may have all the defects allowed in ClassII for straight and slightly crooked cucumbers and they must be packed separately."

"Tolerances:
(iv) Class III:
15% by number of cucumbers satisfying neither the requirements for the class nor the minimum requirements, to the exclusion of produce affected by rotting or deterioration such as to make it unfit for consumption. Within this tolerance a maximum of 4% by number of cucumbers may have tips with a bitter taste"

Bernard I made a mistake. I'm sorry if it has coursed you consern or discomfort.
I should have said any
excessively deformed, damaged and mis-shapen cocks may give you a hard time.

One is not what he seemed.

You will let me know when you find the word "banned," won't you.

Doesn't your obsession with being in Europe come from a deep and detailed research of how the EU works and the way it words its "regulations".

Very likely the words "ban" or "banned" do not appear anywhere in EU regulations.

The EU is a friendly place and to ban anything would be unfriendly to the country that wants to use and/or export that item. Hence the regulations seldom ( if ever ) issue an outright ban, there is invariably a loophole / weakness for some countries to exploit to avoid them being restricted by an edict from the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back