If the Lib Dems won a GE....

The solution is simple, call an election. Neither Tories or Labour will get a majority. The Libs will (if enough of us vote tactically) hold the balance. Lab or the Tories will have no option to but form a coalition with the Libs
The successful party will then be forced by the Libs into holding another referendum, with a proviso that the result will be binding.
Problem solved
Why has nobody else thought of this.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
What price would Labour want for a coalition, Jeremy Corbyn as PM perhaps with top jobs for Diane Abbot and the rest of the gang.
Hopefully the DUP will hold the balance of power and sort Brexit for once and for all.;)

Sponsored Links
Then there was that bloke from Rochdale

Cyril ;)
How can anyone have any confidence or trust in the Lib Dems when their former leader David Steele admitted that he knew Cyril Smith was abusing kids.
Smith himself had confirmed when questioned by Steele that the rumours about him were true.
Even though Steele knew Smith was a child abuser he still endorsed Smith's nomination for a knighthood.

Ellal has a right bee in his bonnet over tuition fees
Too right...

In my mind it's second only to Brexit as regards being detrimental to the younger generations.

It's also economically bonkers!

What do you think about giving people a lifetime of debt for ideological reasons, and then calling that debt an 'asset'?
Especially given that it would be cheaper to have free tertiary education given the repayment failure rate!

But hey, I'm coming at this from a position of advantage...

Most of our family has or will benefit from either free or low tuition fees. Unlike UK only students who will soon have no choice as to become financially enslaved
its not like the Lib den0ms had any power, so I dont know why he is getting em in a twist for
I guess you've forgotten the coalition then?

They actually helped temper the nasty party, but the fact that they were happy to ditch their number one policy in order to get into that coalition speaks volumes!

How can anyone have any confidence or trust in the Lib Dems when their former leader David Steele
The same way Tory supporters go on cheering lying, dishonest, untrustworthy Boris. I'm guessing a lot of folk are expecting that ANY political party will have moved on from events occurring in decades past. Perhaps Vinty thinks they are all alcoholics too? Lol.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone worked out what kind of poll lead the libdems would need to deliver the kind of swing needed. Surely they’d need at least another 25pts in the polls?

Voted leave, no longer care, would accept a Lib Dem remain on the basis that if they then lost the next one the process could be open for discussion.

After all people change their minds

Has anyone worked out what kind of poll lead the libdems would need to deliver the kind of swing needed. Surely they’d need at least another 25pts in the polls?
It's not so much the swing needed...

It depends on whether the tactical voting campaign that is being organised pans out, and they become 'king makers'.
Link

Such is our archaic voting system, there are only about 100 'marginal' seats that could normally be swung.

Of course if the Brexit party and the tories come to an agreement, then that could be negated.

I fear that not only is the UK irrevocably divided, it will for the foreseeable future be politically paralysed by a series of non conclusive votes...

And if that happens, nothing substantial could be done - which would probably lead to terminal decline, and the break up of the union!

Such is our archaic voting system, there are only about 100 'marginal' seats that could normally be swung

I am in the Horsham constituency.

2017 voting was:

Conservative 37,000
Labour 13500
Lib dems 7600

No tactical voting in the world will have any effect.

when their former leader David Steele

You cannot discredit a political party because of what one person said or didn't do years ago.

What about Andrew Griffiths, Jeremy Hunt, Derek Conway, David McLetchie ... the list goes on.

Too right...

In my mind it's second only to Brexit as regards being detrimental to the younger generations.

It's also economically bonkers

Ok, so what could the lib dems have dobe about it?
They only hand a tiny influence within their coalition.

Shouldnt your anger be vented at the Tories?

Ok, so what could the lib dems have dobe about it?
They only hand a tiny influence within their coalition.

Shouldnt your anger be vented at the Tories?

On that one, no.

In the words of Ian Woosnam, "You only had one job to do, and you f##ked that up!!!!"

So, they did come up with a workable plan, but didn't tell anybody? Come on, explain your wittering!

Think a little harder your not quite there in understanding the point I'm making. The chap that has thanked me gets the point !

Think a little harder your not quite there in understanding the point I'm making. The chap that has thanked me gets the point !

You just can't bring yourself to say it, can you? Come on, man up, tell us what you think.

I am in the Horsham constituency.

2017 voting was:

Conservative 37,000
Labour 13500
Lib dems 7600

No tactical voting in the world will have any effect.
Hence why I said that only about 100 seats would be targeted...

Which clearly shows that our electoral system is indeed archaic, and much less representational than the EU electoral system that ironically quitters erroneously believe to be 'undemocratic' :rolleyes:

On that one, no.

In the words of Ian Woosnam, "You only had one job to do, and you f##ked that up!!!!"

I see the vote was 323 for 302 against

And Lib Dems voted 28 for 21 against 8 abstained.

All the same I cant admit Ellal might be correct, hell would have to freeze over first :)
Im sure I can come up with a plausible reason (n)(n)

Sponsored Links
Back