Msinformed gullible brexiteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
You tell me as that might be something that supports your side of the discussion.

Try reading this
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriSer/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31994R2257:EN:HTML

quote from that

Sizing is determined by:

- the length of the edible pulp of the fruit, expressed in centimetres and measured along the convex face from the blossom end to the base of the peduncle,

- the grade, i.e. the measurement, in millimetres, of the thickness of a transverse section of the fruit between the lateral faces and the middle, perpendicularly to the longitudinal axis.

The reference fruit for measurement of the length and grade is:

- the median finger on the outer row of the hand,

- the finger next to the cut sectioning the hand, on the outer row of the cluster.

The minimum length permitted is 14 cm and the minimum grade permitted is 27 mm.

As an exception to the last paragraph, bananas produced in Madeira, the Azores, the Algarve, Crete and Lakonia which are less than 14 cm in length may be marketed in the Community but must be classified in Class II.

All that for a banana? Jesus wept :eek::eek:

So when the UK set its standards for bananas, you think that they weren't translated for use in countries that grew, packed, exported and traded them?

Have you found the old UK rules for classification of bananas yet?

Were you embarrassed when you realised they were like the EU ones?

Sponsored Links
All that for a banana? Jesus wept
Yep, the imaginary friend would probably have wept at the idiocy of Brexshit...

Although he'd more likely be p issed off at the increased costs of the raw materials required to feed 65 million...

One might be tempted to say that he'd need a miracle :)

So when the UK set its standards for bananas, you think that they weren't translated for use in countries that grew, packed, exported and traded them?

Have you found the old UK rules for classification of bananas yet?

Were you embarrassed when you realised they were like the EU ones?

the concept of a single market, where goods can travel freely across borders without checks, brings with it a huge headache: regulatory alignment.

I will admit, it is something I didnt appreciate beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back