The cheque's in the dog, and the post ate my homework.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
https://www.ft.com/content/a265fac3-b659-4fbc-b07d-769d281fa42f

Simon McDonald, the top civil servant at the Foreign Office, caused alarm in Number 10 when he told MPs that ministers took a “political decision” not to join an EU drive to procure ventilators and protective equipment.

“The UK mission briefed ministers about what was available, what was on offer, and the decision is known,” he told the Commons foreign affairs committee.

That flatly contradicted the claim by Downing Street in March that an “initial communications problem” — a missing email — was to blame for Britain’s original failure to join the initiative, rather than Brexit ideology.

Later on Tuesday evening Sir Simon wrote to the committee to “clarify” and retract his original claim, saying he had “inadvertently and wrongly” told MPs it had been a political decision.

Matt Hancock, health secretary, told a Downing Street press conference that Britain had now signed up for future schemes. The next one is expected to cover therapeutics.

Sponsored Links
More lies, more back-tracking, more cover-up. I guess when you elect a prodigious liar into power, it's bound to trickle through the party.

More lies, more back-tracking, more cover-up. I guess when you elect a prodigious liar into power, it's bound to trickle through the party.
Easy to criticise but who would you like to see in power who, in your opinion, would have done better?

Sponsored Links
who would you like to see in power who, in your opinion, would have done better?
A politician that is not afraid of our European neighbours would be handy, especially during this pandemic.
Easy to criticise
The MSN have latched onto it like a bone. What were you expecting mottie, when Europe offers a hand and barmy Bozza is too anti European to accept? "Send a plane to Turkes FFS, don't under any circumstances accept anything from those EU lizards...!"

A politician that is not afraid of our European neighbours would be handy, especially during this pandemic.
I said 'who' not 'what'. So just a theoretical politician then? I was asking for a name. Can you name one?

See what I mean about being easy to criticise without being able to offer a credible alternative? It’s no good pointing out a problem without offering a solution unless you just like to gloat at the country’s misfortune. That would just be Schadenfreude and we have enough of those types on here already.

What were you expecting mottie, when Europe offers a hand and barmy Bozza is too anti European to accept?
Where was Bozza when this helping hand was offered - I thought he was still recuperating and leaving the day to day running to others - unless you know different?

Later on Tuesday evening Sir Simon wrote to the committee to “clarify” and retract his original claim, saying he had “inadvertently and wrongly” told MPs it had been a political decision.

Well that's all right then, move along, nothing to see here.

How about this - Tories, stop bulls hitting and seek help from Europe. Better?
Still doesn’t answer my question - are you sure you weren’t a politician in a former life?

I’ll try to ask it in a different way: In your opinion, who in the U.K. could do a better job than Boris Johnson is doing?

Ok, I get it. Deflection. You made a statement that you couldn’t back up. Sorry for embarrassing you boyo.

Sponsored Links
Back