The death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a great believer of treat others how you'd like to be treated...
As am I ... We need to get back to more traditional beliefs and values and learn to respect one another and the diversity (and strength) which comes from being different.

And, if some people can't do that, they can go and live somewhere else ... Or be executed :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
Environmentally-friendly executions, that's the way to go: wind/solar generated leccy for the chair, rope from sustainable sources for hangings; bullets retrieved afterwards and recycled to make new ones - or just use a bolt-gun and get loads of reuses from it; drown in a vat of harvested rainwater, pass through a solar-powered UV filter and use to flush the prison toilets or as untreated drinking water for the condemned, on the basis that it's not a problem if it kills them, but rather saves the state going to the bother. Then use the meat off the corpse to feed the prsion guard dogs and have the bones ground down to make bone-meal for the prison vegetable plot. Gold teeth and mercury fillings, plates and screws all salvaged for high rates of return atm from recycling; spectacle glass ground down and re-used in road paint. Drop the pointless last meal request, as it serves no useful purpose - instead save the food/drink for a lucky vagrant outside the prison gate.

Win-win as they say.

Who is to say that revenge in itself isn't a good enough reason for capital punishment?
Well, the majority of people who argue in its favour claim that it's an effective deterrent.

Why should a convicted murderer be allowed to kill a completely innocent person and get to leave a crowded all inclusive holiday camp (cough I mean jail) after a couple of years and resume life as normal?
Because that's how rehabilitation works. If you don't like it, have you contacted your MP and explained your views?

I'm a great believer of treat others how you'd like to be treated...
That implies that you'd prefer to live in a vengeful society, rather than a civilised and cooperative one. Frankly, I think you're fooling yourself. Have a go at separating your feelings from what you think the law should be.

shytalks, you're a man after me own heart mate. But lets harvest the organs like the chinese do, at least some good would come out of things then. We could start with that t*t BAS.

Sponsored Links
Well Softus, so you are saying that you could forgive a man and let him get on with his life, as normal, after just a couple of years in jail, if he broke into your house while you were sleeping, knocked you unconscious, raped your wife and children, then slit all their throats, leaving them in a pool of blood?

We aren’t talking about a genuine accident here. We also aren't talking about petty crime like not paying a parking ticket, going 5 miles over the speed limit or steeling a few penny sweets from Tesco.

Someone who is that sick and has the mentality to commit such a crime without any feeling whatsoever should not be given the chance of rehabilitation in my opinion.

If he was given the chance of rehabilitation, would you honestly feel that justice was served and like him living next door to you after what he did?

Environmentally-friendly executions, that's the way to go: wind/solar generated leccy for the chair, rope from sustainable sources for hangings; bullets retrieved afterwards and recycled to make new ones - or just use a bolt-gun and get loads of reuses from it; drown in a vat of harvested rainwater, pass through a solar-powered UV filter and use to flush the prison toilets or as untreated drinking water for the condemned, on the basis that it's not a problem if it kills them, but rather saves the state going to the bother. Then use the meat off the corpse to feed the prsion guard dogs and have the bones ground down to make bone-meal for the prison vegetable plot. Gold teeth and mercury fillings, plates and screws all salvaged for high rates of return atm from recycling; spectacle glass ground down and re-used in road paint. Drop the pointless last meal request, as it serves no useful purpose - instead save the food/drink for a lucky vagrant outside the prison gate.

Win-win as they say.

Do you fancy running for MP? :LOL:

You'd get my vote! ;)

shytalks, you're a man after me own heart mate. But lets harvest the organs like the chinese do, at least some good would come out of things then. We could start with that t*t BAS.

Good idea sooey. :cool: :cool:

Preferably whilst still alive, and turn all the jails into organ banks.

Sorry mate we need your kidneys if you would like to come this way. :LOL:

And remove all their privileges too (Sky???Ffs...). Let the prisons run as per the Columbian examples, leave them to their own devices and hopefully kill each other in the process, that will wittle them down a bit.

Form (un-armed) penal battalions as well, send them off to Iraqistan and let Terry Taliban vent his spleen on those wastes of space and general oxygen thieves.

All druggies to be forceably overdosed, rather than pandering to their pathetic "needs".

Speeding motorists (unless they've killed or injured someone), council tax evaders and other non-crims are exempt from this regime, naturally.

Sounds like a good manifesto for a new party to me. Bet they'd get plenty of votes an all.

It would never happen, there are too many nay-sayers and liberal softy hand-wringing apologists about, unfortunately. Not a majority, I'm sure, but in this pc-gone-mad country in which we live, it's all about there being someone else to blame for the ills of the person who carried out the crime/took drugs etc etc.

I'm surprised that the National Anthem hasn't been replaced by Ebony and Ivory.

It would never happen, there are too many nay-sayers and liberal softy hand-wringing apologists about, unfortunately
Oh, I don't know, if things get unbearable for people, there may well be a radical reaction which gains popularity. In which case we may yet see Judge Dredd riding about on his motorbike.

Sounds like a good manifesto for a new party to me. Bet they'd get plenty of votes an all.

Well I'm sorry to say that I don't vote and haven't voted in my life... :cry:

It's not because I don't want to vote or that I don't care. It's because I don't agree with any of the policies being proposed.

I wish we all had more freedom of choice about how our country is ran rather than just choosing between 2 or 3 very similar agendas for them to not stick to them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back