The DOGS in silicone sealent CT 1

I've used CT1 and various others in all sorts of demanding tasks, but I dont think it's value for money at all.
You are just paying for the name - there are others out there that are just as good if not better.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e160lgDKXs]

Let me give you an example of how much CT1 want to keep the prices high. I had a box of CT1's left over from a job and where else better to flog them than ebay. Within 2 days got a nasty email from the director of CTEC - company who makes CT1, threatening me with legal action if I don't remove the listing. They even got in touch with ebay, claiming photo copyright of a photo I took with my phone. Then someone else from their company phone me up and asked me nicely to remove the listing as they did not want to undervalue their product by selling it for less than their average sales prices.

Dont believe me? try listing CT1 on ebay.

Since then I have been using GB Pro from Bondit from £3.80

Sponsored Links
GB pro has always done well for me too :LOL: i pay around £4 too, prices dont always reflect quality with sealants/adhesives

Let me give you an example of how much CT1 want to keep the prices high. I had a box of CT1's left over from a job and where else better to flog them than ebay. Within 2 days got a nasty email from the director of CTEC - company who makes CT1, threatening me with legal action if I don't remove the listing. They even got in touch with ebay, claiming photo copyright of a photo I took with my phone. Then someone else from their company phone me up and asked me nicely to remove the listing as they did not want to undervalue their product by selling it for less than their average sales prices.

I am not a lawyer, but...

I think this is illegal. I think it falls under the heading of Retail (or re-sale) Price Maintenance and falls under Chapter I of the Competition Act 1998.

Just a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back