AEG SB9300-U or possibly BL840-1 smoothie? maker

hi1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi has anyone had dealings with one of these. Worked fine for about 9 months although always sounded like you were drilling for oil then quit. The thing isn't cheap about £300, got mine from an auction boxed new unopened so although its AEG quality, and do they ever seem to be trading on their reputation, should have lasted longer than this.
Being tight i've stripped the thing down, well almost. Theres a couple of circuit boards that are beyond my wit to test and i'm not fond of the keep replacing bits until it goes again route. Not that the bits are actually available as spares, thanks AEG. I've tested continuity of the cables and fuses. Theres a safety switch that lives in the upper part of the motor housing to test as a last hope. The motor blocks access. The last challenge is to remove the drive dog, the interface between the motor section and the glass beaker thing with the blades. This is available as a spare. The pictures show a threaded insert where its presumably screwed on the end of the motor shaft. The drive dog has a vertical face where it fits? against the corresponding drive on the beaker. The rear side of this is a sloped ramp so nothing to exert pressure against to drive it off. The dog drive when viewed from top turns clockwise to give a drive. If it were a right hand thread as it pushed against the beaker drive this would have a tendency to undo the thing so i'm angling for a left hand thread. The problem being that to try and turn the dog that way whatever is being used goes up the afore mentioned ramp section and slips off.
So has anyone else done battle with one of these. Is there a special tool required to engage with the dog to remove it?
I hear you say why doesn't the idiot put some pictures on to which the reply is does anyone know anything about samsung phone cameras and why it should only show on the screen if you press on the lens, theres two images then one green...

Attachments

• hochleistungsmixer-aeg-gourmetpro-sb9300-standmixer-mit-slow-power-technology.jpg
    hochleistungsmixer-aeg-gourmetpro-sb9300-standmixer-mit-slow-power-technology.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 5b11b9ed-37bb-4f5f-87df-103782648a9f.jpg
    5b11b9ed-37bb-4f5f-87df-103782648a9f.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back