The genie is out of the bottle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or more accurately out of the syringe!

Those who wish to indulge in their 'virus' fix will soon have to pay for the pleasure, and the NHS age limit has been raised...

Linky Linky

"Covid booster vaccines are expected to become available for the UK public to buy for the first time after health officials supported the proposal. Pharmacists and private clinics will be allowed to offer jabs for sale on the high street, as they do with the flu vaccine"

Just another step in the privatisation plan...

So how many of you who get your boosters will carry on doing so if it costs?

And what other ones will then be put on the 'pay as you're jabbed' list?

The net result of course will be an increase in illnesses because most won't be able to afford them!

Sponsored Links
Those who wish to indulge in their 'virus' fix will soon have to pay for the pleasure, and the NHS age limit has been raised...
Like the flu jab for example? The antivaxxers will always have something to moan about.

It's for the 'worried well' who want a booster but are relatively low risk.

Although that's not entirely fair as the process to get yourself identified as high risk and eligible for a booster is pretty rubbish.

The take up rate will be governed by if it's part of the criteria to go on holiday abroad. Getting side effects from the jab come second when it means a holiday abroad is in the offing.
After all, it's not as if having the jab stops you from getting covid.

Sponsored Links
Like the flu jab for example? The antivaxxers will always have something to moan about.
As usual those who don't like being reminded about their insecurities bandy about labels that they don't understand...

Have I had any 'virus' jabs - no.
Have I had any flu jabs - no (although I'm pretty sure I'm not old enough to qualify)

Because I believe that repeated and untested/marginally tested jabs affect the immune system detrimentally...

I've traveled extensively, and did I have the relevant one off jabs - yes
Would I do the same now if the risk was relevant - yes

Did we make sure that our children had their childhood jabs up until they were adults and could make their own choices - yes

So for the record maybe you could explain exactly why you believe me to be an 'anti vaxxer'?

So for the record maybe you could explain exactly why you believe me to be an 'anti vaxxer'
You continue to use stupid scare quotes and question the validity of the 'virus' and the 'vaccine', and I'll continue to call you an antivaxxer.

You continue to use stupid scare quotes and question the validity of the 'virus' and the 'vaccine', and I'll continue to call you an antivaxxer.
So what's this validity you speak of if it doesn't stop you getting the virus.

Yet you yourself are using what you erroneously describe as 'scare quotes' :LOL:

And you still refuse to give us your definition of an 'anti vaxxer'...

Why is that?

Would I be wrong in describing a person who is happy to have injected into their body anything they are told to as a 'jab junkie'?

I speak of ellal's scepticism. Ask him.
Scepticism you say...

I guess you will now come out and accuse the BMJ of the same?

This from back in the day when you were sucked in to the 'jab culture'...

"None of the current trials are designed to detect a reduction in any serious outcome such as hospitalisations, intensive care use, or deaths

Vaccines are being hailed as the solution to the covid-19 pandemic, but the vaccine trials currently underway are not designed to tell us if they will save lives, reports Peter Doshi, Associate Editor at The BMJ today.

Several covid-19 vaccine trials are now in their most advanced (phase 3) stage, but what will it mean exactly when a vaccine is declared “effective”?

Many may assume that successful phase 3 studies will mean we have a proven way of keeping people from getting very sick and dying from covid-19. And a robust way to interrupt viral transmission.

Yet the current phase 3 trials are not actually set up to prove either, says Doshi.

“None of the trials currently underway are designed to detect a reduction in any serious outcome such as hospitalisations, intensive care use, or deaths. Nor are the vaccines being studied to determine whether they can interrupt transmission of the virus,” he writes"

Care to break your habit and comment on this?

Because most people with symptomatic covid-19 infections experience only mild symptoms, even trials involving 30,000 or more patients would turn up relatively few cases of severe disease.

“Hospitalisations and deaths from covid-19 are simply too uncommon in the population being studied for an effective vaccine to demonstrate statistically significant differences in a trial of 30,000 people,” he adds. “The same is true regarding whether it can save lives or prevent transmission: the trials are not designed to find out.”

Zaks confirms that Moderna’s trial will not demonstrate prevention of hospitalisation because the size and duration of the trial would need to be vastly increased to collect the necessary data. “Neither of these I think are acceptable in the current public need for knowing expeditiously that a vaccine works,” he told The BMJ.
This is normal for vaccines. You don't test for deaths but use a more useful indicator like infection or even hospitalisation. That helps avoid random chance making your vaccine seem effective or ineffective.

Now we've seen the COVID vaccines in use we know that this process worked (yet again). The reduction of infections metric correctly predicted a reduction of mortality.

Last edited:
I asked my GP about this today, well, not this, but getting a 4th jab.
Just got over my second covid attack. I don't want a third.

We've all a right to be sceptical of it's validation if it doesn't stop you getting covid
Like other vaccines you mean? Why is there no anti flu vaccine mob on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back