The Labour vote.

Billshut. Germany has had a balanced parliament for many years now and is know as the engine of Europe.

There are many other incidences of succesful, balanced parliaments.

There are examples of coalition governments working well all over the world, from Germany and New Zealand to the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly in the UK. We won the Second World War under a coalition government

Sponsored Links
There are examples of coalition governments working well all over the world, from Germany and New Zealand to the Scottish Parliament and Welsh Assembly in the UK. We won the Second World War under a coalition government

where are the scots and the welsh co alition.. they are in it for themselves... what co alition is there in scotland and wales...

People dont understand the voting system. It was invented hundreds of years ago, and designed for two parties. It doesnt work with three parties. The way it works best is you make a choice do i a) want the government to stay in power (in which case i vote for them) or do i b) want the Opposition to have a go for 5 years ( in which case i vote for them). Either way, the majority party run the place. Minority rules, coalitions, and hung parliaments are anathema to the system ,and end up in disaster. Ignore the Lib Dems, they wont win, and they'll hold the other parties to ransom, giving them disproportionate power, there just the Labour by another name from a posh cocktail party.

Either vote to keep labour, or vote to throw them out an give power to the next largest party, the Tories. If you dont and we have a hung parliament, there will be another election within a year (as every other time weve been there) except this time the financial markets will collapse and pull our credit rating and we wil be a third world country for 50 years. We only have a super dooper credit rating because weve had a majority rule for 37 years. In all the other countries where they have minority rule, they dont have our ace credit rating, the two are connected!!Thats the choice, its easy.

I was trying to explain the voting system to 2 of the young lads at work today, who are voting in their first general election. Not easy to do, and their view was what a crap system that more people can vote for one party but they dont win!

where are the scots and the welsh co alition.. they are in it for themselves... what co alition is there in scotland and wales...

Yes there are. However, every country is different. And we have had majority rules for about 92 of the last 106 years since womens suffrage. The last time we didn't have majority rule, and had a coalition, its lasted 7 months and ended in Harold Wilson grovelling to the IMF for a loan to get us out the ****, and having to call an election.

The reason we have a triple A credit rating is because we, not anyone else, us, always have majority governments. The money markets rely on it. If we descend into coalitions and minority rule, the pound will collapse and our credit rating will be pulled. Places like Italy and Germany get on fine with coalitions, that all they ever had. We dont, we normally have governments with majorities.

People just dont seem to get there head round this. It doesnt matter what goes on in other countries, what matters is whats normal here, and hung parliament set alarms ringing with the people with the credit. If we end up with a hung parliament, expect our credit rating to go down the toilet, expect whats happening in greece to happen here, and expect another election within a year. if our credit rating gets downgraded, our national debt rockets because our loan payments increase, and were third world for the next 50 years

The problem is those people creaming there pants at the thought of a hung parliament have never read english political history, and are blissfully unaware of the disaster its been every time its happened so far.

Sponsored Links
People dont understand the voting system. It was invented hundreds of years ago, and designed for two parties. It doesnt work with three parties. The way it works best is you make a choice do i a) want the government to stay in power (in which case i vote for them) or do i b) want the Opposition to have a go for 5 years ( in which case i vote for them). Either way, the majority party run the place. Minority rules, coalitions, and hung parliaments are anathema to the system ,and end up in disaster. Ignore the Lib Dems, they wont win, and they'll hold the other parties to ransom, giving them disproportionate power, there just the Labour by another name from a posh cocktail party.

Either vote to keep labour, or vote to throw them out an give power to the next largest party, the Tories. If you dont and we have a hung parliament, there will be another election within a year (as every other time weve been there) except this time the financial markets will collapse and pull our credit rating and we wil be a third world country for 50 years. We only have a super dooper credit rating because weve had a majority rule for 37 years. In all the other countries where they have minority rule, they dont have our ace credit rating, the two are connected!!Thats the choice, its easy.

I was trying to explain the voting system to 2 of the young lads at work today, who are voting in their first general election. Not easy to do, and their view was what a crap system that more people can vote for one party but they dont win!

Because its not one election, its 649 elections, you have to win 325 of them, and the winner of each one is the one with the most votes. Then all the winners of one side who have the most wins get to rule. You need 325 wins for the Big Teddy on the top shelf. or if you like you have to win best of 649 games of Scissor Rock Paper to rule.

Comparethemeerkat.com. Simples.

The reason we have a triple A credit rating is because we, not anyone else, us, always have majority governments.

You really do talk a load of twaddle.
We've had a majority government for the last 13 years and it's in those 13 years that our triple A credit rating has come under risk.

"We should have known trouble was in store when Mr Brown tinkered with the system in 1997, hiving off gilt issuance from the Bank of England to a quango called the Debt Management Office. And sure enough, by threatening to downgrade Britain’s debt, Standard & Poor’s is effectively saying that thanks to Labour’s spending spree, the cost of the bank bailouts and the colossal deficits it has run up, a future British government could be forced to behave like a banana republic and refuse to pay its creditors. " (The Daily Telegraph 23 May 2010)

The last time we didn't have majority rule, and had a coalition, its lasted 7 months and ended in Harold Wilson grovelling to the IMF for a loan to get us out the s**t, and having to call an election.
Wrong again, Healey went to the IMF in 1976 the lib/lab pact came after that in 1978/79, after they fell out we were left with the winter of discontent with the rubbish not collected the dead unburied which lead to the Thatcher years.Brush up on your history old chap.

Back