the largest ever image of the moon

Sponsored Links
Impressive. Can anyone tell me where the "rabbit in the moon" is? Half the world claims to be able to see it, but I'm blowed if I can. Mind you, I can't see the man in the moon either.... :confused:

Looking at that made me wonder. Seeing all the craters on the moon, Does it get hit by asteroids more often than earth? Or is it a case of us cleaning up after them on earth, whereas the moon has been uninhabited for several million years.

Sponsored Links
Not as good as Google earth for viewing the moon.

You can see the other side, and zoom in to landing sites, it works in the same way as viewing the Earth.

. Seeing all the craters on the moon, Does it get hit by asteroids more often than earth? Or is it a case of us cleaning up after them on earth, whereas the moon has been uninhabited for several million years.
Has it ever been inhabited :?: I heard Neanderthal Man did a lot of earthworks as they moved across the prehistoric tundra - maybe they did some cleaning up...and maybe the Piltdown Man built the golf course there ;)

isn't the moon just a big solid rock? there's no volcanic activity or anything on it?
whereas on the earth the crust is always moving so there would have been a fair bit of re-modeling by nature since the last impact..
and then there's the oceans providing a cussion for a lot of the surface..

and as already aluded to, an atmosphere that burns up a lot of the smaller rocks etc..

there are still a few impact craters about though..

there's the silver pit crater in the north sea off the east coast of the UK and a rather large crater in Arizona that's been in a few movies ( starman being one that springs to mind.. )

if you look to the bottom right corner you can see the soup dragon in one crater!

seriously though one crater looks like it has some moon mission debris in it

ok, round thing's don't have corners...

and which crater?

isn't there supposed to be a mirror set up on the moon somewhere to bounce a laser beam off?

there also seems to be a higher concentration of impact craters at the bottom of the moon, as it is in this picture, than there is anywhere else visible on that pic.. I wonder why that is..?

The moon is there as a first line of defence attracting meteors with its gravitational pull thats why there are lots of impact craters.With out this protection the earth would be a target, wonderful piece of creationist work

ok, round thing's don't have corners...

and which crater?

if youre looking for the junk, when you first open the page you see the border between the light and dark side of the moon running horizontally down the page. Just down from the top is a large circular area (sea of tranquility?) At the base of this there is a large crater. Literally on the equator of the moon. Zoom in on that. There is also a smaller one at its 2 o'clock. could just be rocks though!

If your looking for the soup dragon and the clangers, im not telling you! :LOL:

Just saved the image as my desktop. Nice with the black of space.

Thanks Richard.

Sponsored Links
Back