The leak

Sponsored Links
this williamson bloke should be prosecuted under the official secrets legislation and then made an example of and banged up for

??? 5 years ?

this williamson bloke should be prosecuted under the official secrets legislation
Funnily enough that's what he's now asking for...

Unfortunately Mayhem won't release the info, and has tied plod's hands...

Guilty until proven innocent...

What a wonderful injustice system we have in the UK!

Gavin Willismson made an 11minute call to a Telegraph reporter shortly after security council meeting.

It could be argued the information is in the public interest.......

I dont like GW, but he shouldnt have his career ruined by a kangeroo court.

Maybe he will complain to the police and they will investigate........or prob not, after all they arent going to ignore a call from no10

Sponsored Links
It's well known that anybody who denies doing something wrong is automatically innocent.

Last time you were sacked, did you demand a police investigation?

Did you get it?

He will not complain to plod ;) because he is the source of the leak ;)

conversation with journalist probably went some like

Journalist . Hello Gavin hows it hanging ?

Gavin . Its hanging alright

journalist. I heard a rumour that there is dissent in the meeting over this telecoms caper . Would I be making a ladys willy of myself if I printed that story

Gavin. No

he told the journalist nothing as such ;) so there-fore he can claim he made no statement to the journalist ;)

Tis how this caper works ;):sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

It's well known that anybody who denies doing something wrong is automatically innocent.

Last time you were sacked, did you demand a police investigation?

Did you get it?
I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

May says that because he did not co-operate with the investigation (like everybody else) she no longer has confidence in him so can't keep him in the cabinet.

What's his beef? That she ought to have confidence in him? Even though he is not willing to co-operate?

There is no public interest excuse for breaching official secrets.

I was stating a legal fact. Not an opinion on if it was or was not a good thing to make public.

I think it’s a good thing for the public to know. But he has no whistle blower / public interest defence, if it was a discussion governed by the Official Secrets Act.

I was stating a legal fact. Not an opinion on if it was or was not a good thing to make public.
Sorry - I misunderstood.

I think it’s a good thing for the public to know. But he has no whistle blower / public interest defence, if it was a discussion governed by the Official Secrets Act.
Ah - if you'd originally said "defence" rather than "excuse" I wouldn't have misunderstood. ;)

The problem with the OSA is that it does "govern" all sorts of things which are classed as "official secrets" but can never in a million years be justified as "state secrets", and is a pernicious piece of legislation often employed to cover up incompetence, malfeasance and downright criminality by agencies of the state.

Sponsored Links
Back