The liberal party

Sponsored Links
Keep up mate.

The inference is that you post lots of stuff (or links to stuff) that is not true.

Keep up mate.

The inference is that you post lots of stuff (or links to stuff) that is not true.

nonsense

you could make the same inference about pretty much any one else on here

:LOL:

if you think it’s not true take it up with the BBC they have a complaints procedure :idea:

Sponsored Links
well are you saying it was not reported by the BBC yesterday
Huh :?:

do you need a contact number to make your complaint ? Or can you find it for your self :idea:
People are calling you the liar (rightly so) and not the BBC.

I tried the transam complaints line - I was number 843, in the queue.

People are calling you the liar (rightly so) and not the BBC.

I tried the transam complaints line - I was number 843, in the queue.

Complain to the BBC about the caper :idea:

subject was discussed with a liberal party spokesperson on radio 4 ( Monday) the spokesperson dodged the issue despite being pressed on the subject on several occasions

the specific issue of the T shirt slogan was brought up several times

you porkie pier noseall :ROFLMAO:

Not what was reported on the news or in the interview with the liberal spokes person in the interview

take it up with them ;)
Andrew Marr is a crap interviewer who is prepared to twist the truth for an 'interview'.
"AM. Natalie Bird, has been banned from standing as a Liberal Democrat in any circumstances for ten years because she wore a T-shirt which had that slogan on it."
ED: Well, we have a complaints issues which I’m not part of, they’re totally independent so I can’t comment on an individual case.
AM: That is true, what I’ve just told you. That is true and, you know,"
https://womansplaceuk.org/2021/09/19/ed-davey-marr/

It wasn't true, and AM knew it.
Natalie Bird was not accepted as a liberal candidate (not barred as a candidate, but not accepted as a liberal candidate, she is free to apply to any other party for support for her candidacy) due to her previous known views on anti-transgender issues. The T-shirt was simply a side issue that reflected her known views.

Now let's flip the T-shirt issue, just out of curiosity for debate, what if Boris Johnson appeared with a T-shirt emblazoned with something like "Only real men are men". What is the connotations behind such slogans? It reflects the views of the wearer, and if those views of the wearer are not consistent with the party, they are perfectly within their rights to not support that wearer's candidacy. It is the views of the wearer, not the T-shirt itself that is the problem.
I'm going to campaign for a change of name for toilets, from 'Men', to 'Real Men', just to keep out the boys, and the 'not Real Men', etc. just to see what kind of furore is created.

By the By, if anyone has read Andrew Marr's fiction book, Children of the Masters, you'll realise what an incompetent fool he is. It's utter rubbish.

The article seems to suggest the ban was for the T-Shirt. The 2018 complaint also needs some context as it was about the segregation of migrant women. Would it make much sense for a transgender woman to see an obstetrician or gynaecologist in this scenario? Do want you want to yourself, but don't start trying to change everyone else also.

from reading the transcript, if it is accurate, it appears

AM: I’m particularly interested in your views in this interview for obvious reasons. Do you think that in everywhere in society and I’m thinking of toilets, prisons, refuges, hospitals wards should be open to everybody regardless of sex?

ED: Well, if you’re a trans man, you should be able to operate as a man.

AM: So the answer is yes to that question?

ED: Yes, I mean, we’ve made it very clear and what we’re concerned about is there does need to be a debate in wider society and that debate is not being had because of Boris Johnson’s failure to lead.

AM: So to be absolutely clear: if you don’t agree with the statement that all spaces should be open to everyone regardless of sex, don’t vote Liberal Democrat?

ED: Well, no because there are many reasons why people vote for different parties. We’re talking in our conference today about the need to deal with the Covid crisis, particularly for children and young people. We want to give parents power so we catch up on the lost learning. We want to look after carers, we want to tackle the climate crisis, we want to look after small businesses, so… I’m sorry, Andrew, when people vote, there’s a whole set of issues they vote for.

That Davey thinks that a person with cock and balls, and male chromosones*, should be allowed into a womens changing room, a womens sauna, a womens refuge, a womens prison, where people may be getting dressed or undressed, showering, walking about naked, confined in close quarters, solely on the grounds that they have uttered the magic words "I am a woman."

Not everybody shares his opinion.

me, for one.

*some people use the term "a biological male."

from reading the transcript, if it is accurate, it appears

AM: I’m particularly interested in your views in this interview for obvious reasons. Do you think that in everywhere in society and I’m thinking of toilets, prisons, refuges, hospitals wards should be open to everybody regardless of sex?

ED: Well, if you’re a trans man, you should be able to operate as a man.

AM: So the answer is yes to that question?

ED: Yes, I mean, we’ve made it very clear and what we’re concerned about is there does need to be a debate in wider society and that debate is not being had because of Boris Johnson’s failure to lead.

AM: So to be absolutely clear: if you don’t agree with the statement that all spaces should be open to everyone regardless of sex, don’t vote Liberal Democrat?

ED: Well, no because there are many reasons why people vote for different parties. We’re talking in our conference today about the need to deal with the Covid crisis, particularly for children and young people. We want to give parents power so we catch up on the lost learning. We want to look after carers, we want to tackle the climate crisis, we want to look after small businesses, so… I’m sorry, Andrew, when people vote, there’s a whole set of issues they vote for.

That Davey thinks that a person with cock and balls, and male chromosones*, should be allowed into a womens changing room, a womens sauna, a womens refuge, a womens prison, where people may be getting dressed or undressed, showering, walking about naked, confined in close quarters, solely on the grounds that they have uttered the magic words "I am a woman."

Not everybody shares his opinion.

me, for one.

*some people use the term "a biological male."
You are welcome to your opinion, but as Lib Dem MP Luciana Berger presented, there isn't a hierarchy of rights.
"Lib Dem MP Luciana Berger, discussing the party's policy on gender identity and trans rights, tells us anyone who declares themselves a woman should be treated as a woman by law - "there shouldn't be a competition, there shouldn't be a hierarchy of equalities."
https://www.facebook.com/thetodaypr...-on-gender-identity-and-tr/10157712967863895/
If there is a hierarchy of rights, then equality activists are being disingenuous.
Either we all have equal rights, or we don't. You cannot claim one group has 'more' rights than any other group. Or that one groups rights are more important than any other group. Where would such a claim lead to? A retreat to inequality?
And please skip the theatrical comments, it does nothing to further the discussion.

there isn't a hierarchy of rights.

You cannot claim one group has 'more' rights than any other group.

So do the rights of a trans override the rights of a woman?

Do women have the right to a women-only space? Such as a changing room?

anyone who declares themselves a woman should be treated as a woman by law

he holds the opinion, then, that there is no such thing as a "woman."

Only people who choose to apply that word to themselves.

You may be surprised that this opinon is disputed by a large number of women.

One might ask "what is the point of having a "women's space" reserved for women, if any person can give themselves the right to enter it, by uttering the magic words "I am a woman."

Or woman's records in competitive sport. I can think of 100s of sports where a person who has developed as a man would have a massive advantage due to superior strength, and cardio capacity. So that would be an end to pretty much every biological female's chances of winning in sports.

This is a complex subject and the Libdems would do better to embrace all views.

Or woman's records in competitive sport. I can think of 100s of sports where a person who has developed as a man would have a massive advantage due to superior strength, and cardio capacity. So that would be an end to pretty much every biological female's chances of winning in sports.
Not necessarily, the sport organisers could have rules around transition periods, proof of sincere commitment, etc , or separate trans categories - quite a few sports seem to manage OK with competitors grouped by weight, so the idea of having groups to prevent significant physical discrepancies is already well established.

This is a complex subject and the Libdems would do better to embrace all views.
It is, and so would JohnD.

The T shirt was part and parcel of the caper

it was on the radio

so :p:p:p

apparently there may be legal action over the Caper

dare say the T shirt will be brought up in any court case :p

Sponsored Links
Back