The liberal party

One might ask "what is the point of having a "women's space" reserved for women, if any person can give themselves the right to enter it, by uttering the magic words "I am a woman."
Although agreeing, I am intrigued by the ultra-left PC JohnD having such views even to the extent of arguing vehemently with Nemesis - although that would tend to indicate that JohnD is correct.

Here's another:

Why are gay people allowed to share facilities with people they find sexually attractive while normal people are not?
Perhaps it is time to do away with all segregation based upon sex - nudists seem to manage.

Sponsored Links
If there is a hierarchy of rights, then equality activists are being disingenuous.
Either we all have equal rights, or we don't. You cannot claim one group has 'more' rights than any other group. Or that one groups rights are more important than any other group. Where would such a claim lead to? A retreat to inequality

But biological men and women are not equal, men are more physically powerful than women.

So the position does not start from a position of equality….to level things up, it is recognised women should be given protection.

sexual assault doesn’t occur equally both ways.

Sponsored Links
Although agreeing, I am intrigued by the ultra-left PC JohnD having such views

is the ultra-right noted for the value it places on womens rights?

What makes you think that respect for humans is limited to "the ultra-left?"
It is common among mild left, left of centre, and even some centrists.

Anyway, Liberals, aren't they the party whose leader hired a hitman to kill his gay lover, but the hitman only managed to kill his gay lovers dog.
There was a court case, surprisingly, the RSPCA weren't involved.

Liberals are they the party that swept that Cyril Smith caper under the carpet ?

The T shirt was part and parcel of the caper
The T shirt was/is indicative of the person's views, but it was the person's views, not the T shirt, that caused the ban on them being selected as a Lib Dem MP.

it was reported on the news yesterday radio 4

I don’t really care if you think it is old news

the slave trade is old news and that gets brought up in here :ROFLMAO:
The slave trade has modern day society-wide repercussions, Natalie Bird's ban on being selected as a Lib Dem MP has little effect on society as a whole.
She is free to approach the other parties, or even to start her own anti-transgender (with liberal views??) party

Anyway, Liberals, aren't they the party whose leader hired a hitman to kill his gay lover, but the hitman only managed to kill his gay lovers dog.
There was a court case, surprisingly, the RSPCA weren't involved.
That's 40 year old news.
Certainly beats transam's 3 month old news.

Liberals are they the party that swept that Cyril Smith caper under the carpet ?
That is 30 year old news, fillyboy is still the winner so far, in the 'see who can drag up the oldest news' competition.

Although agreeing, I am intrigued by the ultra-left PC JohnD having such views even to the extent of arguing vehemently with Nemesis - although that would tend to indicate that JohnD is correct.

Here's another:

Why are gay people allowed to share facilities with people they find sexually attractive while normal people are not?
Perhaps it is time to do away with all segregation based upon sex - nudists seem to manage.

I find I disagree with a number of posters on this forum and then occasionally I find myself on the same side of the argument. It helps not to see things as right and left, but recognise that opinions change according the the subject.

On your other point - because its always been like that. Btw - few gay people perv over straight people, though occasionally the gaydar may need tuning. The Trans/identity argument is so much bigger. It's the needs of one vs the needs of another. Trans women/men cannot be granted the rights of those born to that sex, without impacting the rights of that sex. Further how do you define a trans person - would you allow those transitioning to be included. At what point is man a woman? It is not transphobic to protect ones identity. I see no need to identify as cisgender, just because someone else wants to label me, while also not wanting to be labelled by me. Seems like a double standard?

I find I disagree with a number of posters on this forum and then occasionally I find myself on the same side of the argument. It helps not to see things as right and left, but recognise that opinions change according the the subject.

On your other point - because its always been like that. Btw - few gay people perv over straight people, though occasionally the gaydar may need tuning. The Trans/identity argument is so much bigger. It's the needs of one vs the needs of another. Trans women/men cannot be granted the rights of those born to that sex, without impacting the rights of that sex. Further how do you define a trans person - would you allow those transitioning to be included. At what point is man a woman? It is not transphobic to protect ones identity. I see no need to identify as cisgender, just because someone else wants to label me, while also not wanting to be labelled by me. Seems like a double standard?
I think your comments kind of reflects the views of the Lib Dems, that there is a big discussion to be had, but like all big discussions they're difficult conversations without one or many protagonists reverting to bigoted stereotypical phrases or theatrical scenarios.
And at the end of the day, inclusion of all is the goal, not inclusion of some to the exclusion of others. Maybe it's achievable, and maybe it isn't. It certainly will never be achievable while people hang onto their views as though their views are the only ones that matter.

Sponsored Links
Back