The new leader of the SNP is ...

It depends what period you look at. The English were successful partly because of tactics and partly naval training.

I'm assuming these pro independence, pro EU voters are happy with:
- being net contributors to the EU budget
- adopting the Euro as their currency
- having a trade border with England
- Educating EU citizens at the expense of the Scottish tax payer
- having to fund their own military and public services
- not having the ability to blame Westminster for everything.

I think the SNP will slowly die off unless they can be a party that addresses their failings in government and stop being a one trick party. Wasn't one of the reasons that Sturgeon and hubby had to go was because of falling membership?

*newsflash* July 2032

”there are 20 mile queues either side of the Hadrians wall customs border”

Sponsored Links
The Windsor agreement will iron out a lot of the issues that Scotland would face.

It's always important to do a test of a new system in an unimportant part of an organisation to find and get rid of issues.

It depends what period you look at. The English were successful partly because of tactics and partly naval training.

I think the SNP will slowly die off unless they can be a party that addresses their failings in government and stop being a one trick party. Wasn't one of the reasons that Sturgeon and hubby had to go was because of falling membership?
It'll be a difficult task for the SNP to add another string to their bow; the clue is in the title, really. Nationalism is their siren song and it calls to everyone north of Edinburgh. I'm sure they'd be willing to find a way to manage their country, given the opportunity.
The EU has funding for smaller countries to invest and subsidies to manage their economy in a sustainable way that benefits the citizens. It's in the EUs interest to maintain member nations, after all. Historically, Scotland has forged closer ties to Europe than it's Sassenach neighbour.

Still spouting the same old brexit lies I see :rolleyes:

Care to tell us how the UK as a whole is doing after it's 'independence' day?

And then also give us a definitive list of proven benefits?

Sponsored Links
A conservative who is against sex before marriage, Abortion, Same sex marriage, LGBT rights in general.

And a member of a church which recently accepted musical instruments may not automatically lead to satan worship in 2010.

Yeah, a prime candidate there.

Afaik she is an SNP Mp
Not a conservative ???

Who is Humza Yousef? Katie explains.

As Transport Secretary he was fined for driving without insurance. As Justice Secretary he was the only Justice Secretary in Europe without a law degree. He is a critic of Brexit on the grounds that 52% of the vote isn't conclusive, yet he was voted SNP leader on 52% of the vote.

Still spouting the same old brexit lies I see :rolleyes:

Care to tell us how the UK as a whole is doing after it's 'independence' day?

And then also give us a definitive list of proven benefits?
Which of my list is wrong?

Mr Yousaf’s political aim is not to lead a devolved administration as part of the United Kingdom, but to head an independent nation in the European Union. This makes electoral sense. Support for independence in Scotland is three times higher among those people who want to be inside the EU, who represent two-thirds of Scottish voters, than it is among those who want to be outside the EU. Mr Yousaf’s bet is that many Scots can be persuaded that a political and economic union with London frustrates Scotland’s hopes, but one with Brussels would energise them. It is a smart strategy that embraces the idea of post-sovereign realities of interdependent nation-states.

To succeed, Mr Yousaf will have to win over those opposed to independence – a strategy espoused by his socially conservative, pro-business opponent, Kate Forbes. Her attacks on Ms Sturgeon’s record rocked a party that is used to keeping disagreements behind closed doors. But Mr Yousaf wisely reached out to Ms Forbes in his victory speech, displaying in public an understanding that the SNP’s success rests on being a broad church that can straddle Scotland’s divides. It is sobering to note that the pollster Sir John Curtice thinks that the SNP will eventually get a referendum: “If you want to save the union, you have to change public opinion, but making the case means explaining why Brexit is to Scotland’s advantage.” Good luck with that.
John Curtice one of the few pollsters and political commentators worth listening to.

Blup

that a political and economic union with London frustrates Scotland’s hopes, but one with Brussels would energise them
A Scotland in Union with the EU would just be a smaller fish in an even bigger pond.
With the EU moving towards the abolition of the veto, Scotland would have no real say in its future.

Sponsored Links
Back