SNP wants to join leaders' debate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8289367.stm

I cannot understand why anyone would want to watch live debates between the Labour, Tory and Liberal Democrat leaders.
As an Englishman I have even less interest in what the SNP has to say about a General Election.

No doubt it will be three good reasons for three nights at the pub.

Sponsored Links
Get the BNP and liven it up or maybe four nights in the pub :LOL:

I know, I know, but it'll make Alex Salmond feel important for once! :rolleyes:

But the SNP has threatened to seek to block the screening in Scotland of any debate which did not include Scottish First Minister Mr Salmond.
Lucky Scots I say!

why do scotts still get a vote in our general election anyway?
we don't get to vote their leaders in...

Sponsored Links
That'll be a UK general election Coljy',, the SNP is a UK political party, which has MP's at Westminster,, and MSP's at Hollyrood. Wales, (Plaid Cymru) and Northern Ireland (Sinn Fein) has the same, with their devolved system. To be honest,, all political party leaders would have a claim to attend the debate, but surely there is enough hot air and waffle spoken daily, without them lot spouting rubbish,, on telly,, and at our expense. I've no time for "any" of them anyway, but Nicky Griffy would be worth listening to if he was invited. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

That'll be a UK general election Coljy',, the SNP is a UK political party, which has MP's at Westminster,, and MSP's at Hollyrood. Wales, (Plaid Cymru) and Northern Ireland (Sinn Fein) has the same, with their devolved system. To be honest,, all political party leaders would have a claim to attend the debate, but surely there is enough hot air and waffle spoken daily, without them lot spouting rubbish,, on telly,, and at our expense. I've no time for "any" of them anyway, but Nicky Griffy would be worth listening to if he was invited. :LOL:

Roughcaster.
Yeah but the SNP seem to see it as 'us and them'...

Quote from the SNP's own website:
Commenting, SNP election campaign co-ordinator Stewart Hosie MP said:

"We have long had election debates in Scotland, and it is high time we had UK-wide debates for the Westminster elections. But if they are to be at all relevant, they must reflect the democratic and political reality of Scotland and the UK.
It's Scotland AND the UK to them apparently! And all this time I've been thinking the UK IS England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. :rolleyes: http://www.snp.org/node/15699

I think they need to decide whether they are part of the UK or not. If they are then fine, let them have a chin wag with the rest of them. I'd be interested to see/hear what the viewing figures are for this debate if/when it happens.

I'd be worried about a Party that can't even get their own website in order! If you look at that link I provided above it'll take you to their 'SNP News' section. At the bottom of the page of 'news' the text just ends suddenly...

"We are obviously prepared to be flexible about options for the format, but the party of government in Scotland must on principle be included in any such
Any such what? Well you're certainly flexible about a sentence format! :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right Blas'. They are a party that want separtion from the UK, and nothing else. Scotland would suffer badly. The SNP think that oil revenues would be the source of the countries wealth, like Norway,,,, never. Where i live in Moray, we have 2 massive RAF bases,, RAF Kinloss with it's Nimrods,,, and in Lossiemouth, my home town,, we have RAF Lossiemouth with it's Tornado squadrons,, the largest/busiest fast jet base in Britain. It is also going to be the home base for the new Joint Combat Aircraft,,, a lot to lose. The SNP will never win a referendum on independence,, there is massive opposition in the Scottish Parliament to this daft idea, so the Nationalists have to growl now and again, just to let people know they're still there,,,, "t wats". :rolleyes:

Roughcaster.

Wales, (Plaid Cymru) has the same, with their devolved system.
There are actually 4 different political parties in Wales in their devolved parliament, Plaid Cymru being just one of them. It's just another layer of bullshlt for the tax payer to fund, 59 Assembly Members ffs :eek:

there is massive opposition in the Scottish Parliament to this daft idea, so the Nationalists have to growl now and again, just to let people know they're still there,,,, "t wats". :rolleyes:
:LOL: I like the cut of your jib Sir. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back