The new Nissan Infiniti

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nissan plan to build 60,000 of these executive cars in Sunderland per year.
Alongside the likes of BMW Audi and Mercedes, do you think they'll make the grade?
John :)

Sponsored Links
With the executive motors, there's a lot of badge snobbery around.....just wondered how they would fare. Renault dropped a clanger with the Vel Satis (there was another model which I can't recall) Saab failed when the 9 series became a Vectra and so on. Nissan is a huge employer in the Sunderland area - wouldn't like to see upset there!

I don't know John, but what is it with these names?
It sounds as if it runs on fresh air or something to me.

Sponsored Links
Curious indeed! The Avantime was another one - superb to drive but you wouldn't dare buy one because of the meteoric depreciation.
I hope the Nissan is a success......no doubt it will make an excellent used buy.

History seems to often prove that makers moving far out of their main market sector doesn't seem to work. People expect to get what they expect from a make of car. If the magic "something" that makes a car be perceived as being "upmarket" "luxury" or "executive" etc. was easy to nail down they'd all be doing it successfully.
These names often sound to me as if they are aimed at an American market.
Any competition's a good thing from buyer's point of view.

Got to agree with that one.....Toyota seemed to get it right with the Lexus I think, but few other manufacturers have cracked it.

Sorry but the Japs can't do luxury.

Lexus never got it right....the clue is in the name.....Luxury EXport for United States.....the septics can't do luxury either which is why they both buy Brit and German when they do want a luxury motor.

They will sell, but only to the upper middle class Nigels who haven't a clue what luxury is.

The Q70 (BMW 7 series contender I assume) looks bland outside and its the same old Jap interiors hewn from solid rocks of plastic.

Also just noticed there is no V8 other than the poseur "crossover".

You might as well buy one of those new fancy top of the range Mondeo and save yourself some money.

Sponsored Links
Back