The News - Why do we bother with it?

Sponsored Links
Is one related to the mobiles that hang from the nursery ceiling and the other regarding phones :?:
Not read the articles, maybe a good idea :idea:

Is one related to the mobiles that hang from the nursery ceiling and the other regarding phones :?:
Not read the articles, maybe a good idea :idea:
Unfortunately both newspaper articles are drawing completely different conclusions from the same report. Just shows that the only people who really understand reports based on statistical data are those who wrote the report.

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics!

I stopped reading newspapers nearly 2 years ago when I realised that most of what was inside was wrong, lies, pointless scaremongering, irrelevant drivel, and over 50% about some supposed celebrity.
If you listen to the radio for at least 1hr a day, you tend to find that they report all the major news items of actual importance, and then if you want to find out a bit more detail you can just look it up online.

Sponsored Links
I hate news, but I do watch it every now and then as it gives me a sense of importance and makes me feel like I am learning something useful, although I am not.

I agree, news is bad news, why do we even watch the weather it's incorrect 90% of the time, would it not be better to use our eyes and senses?

News in a nutshell is very pesimistic, and 90% of the stuff on thier will not really effect you and if thier is anything good, you would be bound to hear it from someone else, so save yoursefl the time, watch travel channel instead is my advice much better and you get to learn about other countries even if it is from a narrow corridor.

Hope this helps. :evil:

even the Daily Express included the line

" Cancer Research UK advises there is no proven link. "

so perhaps you misinterpreted their headline "CANCER LINK TO HEAVY USE OF MOBILE PHONES "

I guess a good scary headline helps sell newspapers :rolleyes:

TBH the BBC page seems more balanced and factual than the fish-wrapping report.

p.s. if you look at "conclusions" on page 2 of
http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2010/pdfs/pr200_E.pdf
it appears to me that the Express is publishing a scare story that is not founded on the scientific research.

I kept reading that alcohol was bad for you. So I did the only thing I could...... Stopped reading.

News in a nutshell is very pesimistic, and 90% of the stuff on thier will not really effect you and if thier is anything good, you would be bound to hear it from someone else, so save yoursefl the time, watch travel channel instead is my advice much better and you get to learn about other countries even if it is from a narrow corridor.

is that their spelling or your attitutude... or is it both...

The news as outlined by the written, visual and verbal media gets in the way of us lot on here saying it as it really is ;) :LOL: :LOL:

The news as outlined by the written, visual and verbal media gets in the way of us lot on here saying it as it really is ;) :LOL: :LOL:

does that mean you support united or city.... cannot understand you or your icons

Sponsored Links
Back