The NHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thermo said:
If I am incapable of making decisions for myself due to deteriorating brain function then it is my wish that my life be ended. I don't want to be a burden to anyone. When I can't out-argue all and sundry on this forum you have my express permission to shoot me.

joe

well be around to your place with the 12 bore at 9 o'clock in the morning then :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
hermes said:
joe-90 said:
hermes said:
joe-90 said:
Yes. I hope that my end is quick and clean and not slow and obscene.

That's not your line, it's Eric Bogle's.

Not quite.

joe

Well I hope you died quick, and I hope you died clean
Or Willie McBride, was it slow and obscene.

As I said - not quite. You can only quote a person when it's exactly the same line - which it wan't.

joe

joe-90 said:
dg123 said:
joe-90 said:
dg123 said:
If she doesn't do the work people could die. I'm not sure how she would injure someone else when there is no one there!

Nonesense. The government would be culpable.

Besides, how can people die if there's no-one there?

joe

If she doesn't supply the results of tests, treatment will not be forthcoming, therefore, lives are at risk. There is a whole lot of work which is done not in the presence of patients.

Sorry, It won't wash.

If your wife did unpaid work past her normal hours and she made a mistake due to tiredness and someone died - she would be charged with manslaughter.

To take the example to another industry, if a train driver decided to take a train out because his mate hadn't turned up and he ran a red light and caused a crash - he would be charged with manslaughter.

Give up on it mate - you can't possibly win this one.

joe

Give up on what? Stating facts whilst you speculate?

joe-90 said:
dg123 said:
joe-90 said:
dg123 said:
If she doesn't do the work people could die. I'm not sure how she would injure someone else when there is no one there!

Nonesense. The government would be culpable.

Besides, how can people die if there's no-one there?

joe

If she doesn't supply the results of tests, treatment will not be forthcoming, therefore, lives are at risk. There is a whole lot of work which is done not in the presence of patients.

Sorry, It won't wash.

If your wife did unpaid work past her normal hours and she made a mistake due to tiredness and someone died - she would be charged with manslaughter.

To take the example to another industry, if a train driver decided to take a train out because his mate hadn't turned up and he ran a red light and caused a crash - he would be charged with manslaughter.

Give up on it mate - you can't possibly win this one.

joe

Why do you have to be so disrespectful Joe, by rubbishing what people say? dg123 is only explaining what his wife does. Which quite frankly I know to be true having worked on the wards myself for many years

When you are dealing with sick and ill people and emergency situations you can't just pick up your bag and coat and go home.........you stay until things have been sorted out. When there is a cardiac arrest, serious road traffic accident or a death it's all hand on deck - in these situations you are covered by the hospital - Unless you have worked for the NHS within the busy ward and acute areas you don't know what you're talking about.

As for comparing this with a train driver if the train driver is working excessive overtime and is tired then he will be brought to account - however, under normal circumstances the driver finsishes his shift when his train is back in the station - if he is disrupted by stoppages on the line then thats how it goes........it's a situation that can't be helped, in this instance he would be covered for any accident that happens

If his wife remains on duty then she MUST be paid for it, otherwise she is trespassing.

He said his wife works for FREE.

joe

joe-90 said:
You can only quote a person when it's exactly the same line...
Quite so - otherwise it's a misquote. Or shameless plagiarism.

joe-90 said:
If his wife remains on duty then she MUST be paid for it, otherwise she is trespassing.

He said his wife works for FREE.

joe

Maybe she gets time off in lieu - the NHS rarely pay their nursing staff (or ancillary staff) overtime - this tends to be paid to the managers.

When there is an emergency or a crisis it is a nurses responsibility to stay and help - just like if I saw an accident in the street I have a duty of care to help if I don't I am negligent within my professional body and can be prosecuted and struck off the nursing register
You really have no perception of the role and responsibilities of staff (especially nursing staff) within the NHS - if you had you wouldn't have written the stuff you have

I have forgotten how many times I have stayed at the bedside of people who were dying until they died because they had no family to stay with them when I had finished my shift - never once have I been told to go because I was 'tresspassing' or been paid or had time off in lieu.

Put up the evidence from nurses which says they will leave an emergency situation (even if they are not paid) because it's time to go home - you can't because they won't

I would prefer nurses to get my taxes rather than the fat controller.

He MUST have something big on Tone.

JulieL/B said:
When there is an emergency or a crisis it is a nurses responsibility to stay and help - just like if I saw an accident in the street I have a duty of care to help if I don't I am negligent within my professional body and can be prosecuted and struck off the nursing register
You really have no perception of the role and responsibilities of staff (especially nursing staff) within the NHS - if you had you wouldn't have written the stuff you have

I don't think you have duty of care and have to help Julie. I think the point would be that if you did decide to help you would be accepting a duty of care and if you treated the patient in the wrong way you would be negligent

There's no point in arguing with Joe, he just likes winding people up for the fun of it

Pickles is right. Joe seems to think that no matter what the subject matter - he always knows best! Says it all.

My hubby works in a 'govt. position' not with MP's LOL & if he was paid for all of his extra hours we would be rich!!!!

There are times when he can't just say 'Oh sorry, it's home time' - otherwise he'd have people screaming human rights at him and all sorts of other stuff. Some days he starts work at 5am and doesn't finish until 8 or 9pm - sometimes we rarely see him :rolleyes:

Saying that his big boss does appreciate him as he's just nominated him for a ********* of the year award (*****'s indicate what he does - which I am not about to reveal on here!).

It's no good saying I'm a 'know-all' when you know that I am right.

A nurse (or other health worker) cannot treat a patient when she is off duty. End of story.

The poster I was replying to said his wife works something like 20 hours a week UNPAID. That's clearly rubbish - which is why he's left the thread.
I know it, you know it - and everyone else knows it.

joe

masona said:
Stop blaming the Tories :!: :!:
Why? they caused untold damage to this country!
besides you are always blaming labour what's the difference??
the only difference i can see is the tories went out of their way to be corrupt and sold off lots of services to gain profit for certain individuals whereas labour have had to pick up the pieces and it's no wonder they have found it an almost impossible task as the system is so hard to change now, at least labour are trying to reform and it will take many many years to put right what the tories have damaged, I just hope the tories never get back in again otherwise in 5 years time the posts here will be about nothing but how they have ruined the country.
Mark my words!!

Oh and it was the tories that brought in all those pointless penpushers not labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back