The PIGS are getting sick.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And it's not swine flu.

Portugal, Ireland, Greece, and Spain.

Greece is on the verge of collapse with it's monetary rating down to 'junk'.

Spain was downgraded today (just a little).

The domino's are wobbling.

If that lot go - the whole of Europe will follow.

First Italy - and then the UK.

Our debt problem as a proportion of GDP is actually worse than that of Greece that is teetering.

It won't be long until the UK has its rating downgraded too.

Then Interest rates rise and inflation goes crazy.

The current recession is just a dress rehearsal for the big one - just a year of two away (if we are lucky).

Sponsored Links
The eternal optimist!

I really don't know where you get your info from but the world isn't all doom and gloom.

You need some happy pills I think! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
" Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor who is facing domestic resistance to any bail-out,""

I bet Gordon Brown won't offer any resistance to a Greek bail-out. Probably insist that the UK will help with a few billion from money he or we don't have.

The Limp Dems actually want us to join the Euro too. What mugs.

You watch the fiscal collapse if we get a hung parliament. The rich kids will take there money and bugger off to somewhere safer with it. The Russian billionaires in london are already packing up and fleeing back to Russia, apparently. Once the smart monet starts exiting its only a matter of tiem before our credit rating gets pulled, and then were third world.

You watch, ill be back here to say told you so to all the cretins who voted libdem and caused the hung parliment when it happens.

" Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor who is facing domestic resistance to any bail-out,""

I bet Gordon Brown won't offer any resistance to a Greek bail-out. Probably insist that the UK will help with a few billion from money he or we don't have.

The Limp Dems actually want us to join the Euro too. What mugs.

we would have been well ****ed if we had been in the Euro - we couldnt have reduced interest rates and we couldn't have used quantative easing.

we'd be worse off than greece or iceland with our debt.

i thought our debt percentage was 11% and the greeks were 13%

joe90 , I dont know what you mean by `For The Big One` unless you mean the collapse of the world economy which could be the hidden meaning behind the 2012 phenomena and not the `End of the World` as some suspect.

We borrow from China so we can buy Chinese rubbish. Then we can't pay it back so we borrow some more and buy more rubbish. Can you see a trend there? It's a perpetual motion machine.

We borrow from China so we can buy Chinese rubbish. Then we can't pay it back so we borrow some more and buy more rubbish. Can you see a trend there? It's a perpetual motion machine.

Yes, but its not all rubbish China now owns a large chunk of the worlds resources, including a lot of the rare ones. Now that capitalism isnt a dirty word anymore in china, the chinese have realised they have the west by the balls in a lot of areas, as well as an almost infinite pool of cheap labour. China is about to become the next, and only, World Superpower.

Has anyone seen the news today? Riots in Greece and protest marches in Spain and Portugal - the dominoes are starting to tip.

Nothing can stop it now. The whole house of cards will shortly come crashing down.

Has anyone seen the news today? Riots in Greece and protest marches in Spain and Portugal - the dominoes are starting to tip.

Nothing can stop it now. The whole house of cards will shortly come crashing down.

Yep, when we get a hung parliament and our credit rating gets pulled, itll happen here.

Sponsored Links
Back