The recovery

Sponsored Links
I've still got a nasty phlegmy cough.

Have you tried a steam inhaler?

Sold at Boots and Argos, also as "beauty aids" because they sweat the grime out of your pores

A device that boils a spoonful of water into steam that fills a mask you rest your face over. You not need to add scents or chemicals. It's the steam that does the job.

Very good for clearing snout and chest. Try lying face down afterwards with a pillow about shoulder height.

Cheapest at Boots

Have you tried a steam inhaler?

Sold at Boots and Argos, also as "beauty aids" because they sweat the grime out of your pores

A device that boils a spoonful of water into steam that fills a mask you rest your face over

Very good for clearing snout and chest. Try lying face down afterwards with a pillow about shoulder height.

Cheapest at Boots

I should get a follow up chat with either the Respority team or my GP
It does bother me as coughing does shake my wimpy body and it hurts.

My wimpy body
In your photo you look OK

1679156852203.png

Sponsored Links
I've not worked since November you may remember that I spent 3 weeks in hospital with Pneumonia.

I got home for Christmas but was back in Hospital for 2 weeks in January with Jaundice and Liver failure.

These last few months have been the toughest mentally and financially I've ever experienced.

I lost nearly 3 stone and most my muscle with no energy. I really haven't been well.

My local hospital have been useless. 3 weeks back my care was handed over to the Royal Free who have been a refreshing improvement.

My recovery these last two weeks has really started moving. The previous months were slow with little movement.

I've started drinking protein shakes and now plan some easy yoga sessions.

Just walking the dogs for small walks is exhausting, but my energy levels are building. Just need to build my muscle back up.

Anyone been through something similar.

Bod

wow, you’ve had a proper sh1t few months.

I really hope your recovery goes well and you start feeling better.

Careful. Easy to slide into depression.

Watching Chelsea can't help either ;) :LOL:

Seriously, hope you're on the mend (y)

Funny. I did go to bed this afternoon then got up and took my Dad down pub to watch Chelsea (it gets me out and I need this)

I'm aware of what you say and there have been times that I could just not get out of bed. This is why it's so important that I get doing some lite work.

wow, you’ve had a proper sh1t few months.

I really hope your recovery goes well and you start feeling better.
I really have. I also had to isolate twice in hospital because I had Covid. It been all so frustrating

When you don't feel like getting out of bad, force yourself to get up, get washed/showered and put 'day time' clothes on. If you don't, there is a danger of getting into pyjama syndrome, which can rapidly lead you downhill into depression. This is what happens with people who have to stay in hospital for a medium/long time. When I was in a few years ago having cardiac tests they said I had to remain in bed so may as well leave my pj's on. I refused and said I will sit in a chair AFTER I had had a s**t, shower and a shave. I was not falling into the trap of feeling unwell/woe is me type of person. It really does do your moral a power of good.

When you don't feel like getting out of bad, force yourself to get up, get washed/showered and put 'day time' clothes on. If you don't, there is a danger of getting into pyjama syndrome, which can rapidly lead you downhill into depression. This is what happens with people who have to stay in hospital for a medium/long time. When I was in a few years ago having cardiac tests they said I had to remain in bed so may as well leave my pj's on. I refused and said I will sit in a chair AFTER I had had a s**t, shower and a shave. I was not falling into the trap of feeling unwell/woe is me type of person. It really does do your moral a power of good.

Conny

8ve done both, when feeling really shịt with no energy I felt justified in comfortable Pyjamas.
When I've had too I've been meeting my mate with jobs I've handed to him for support and advise. Many a time I've gone home to bed. Again I've felt justified and felt that it was the right thing to do.

Now I'm feeling human again it won't sit right unless I've really pushed myself that day.

IMO even a track suit and trainers is a start. If nothing else you can put the bins out or have a look at the garden.

IMO even a track suit and trainers is a start. If nothing else you can put the bins out or have a look at the garden.

I'm going Royal free tomorrow so will just stick with track bottoms.

Everything just hangs off me.

Got my first yoga class booked in for Thursday and may do some Raki on Friday.

I'm going Royal free tomorrow so will just stick with track bottoms.

Everything just hangs off me.

Got my first yoga class booked in for Thursday and may do some Raki on Friday.

Have you bought those braces yet?

Sponsored Links
Back