The riddle of the immovable latch & the off-centre door knob

you can screw the spung ball in and out for a deeper or shallower projection. I've known them fitted on interior doors and work well if the door is a reasonable fit. In my previous house I think they were fitted in the 1920's when the downstairs was renovated to Art Deco style and the original horizontal sashes removed (I later got some again, and still prefer them in a panelled door).

I think the rollers are superior to the balls. But I don't know how to adjust one as big as this (haven't used this type).

High-quality-Hidden-Stainless-Steel-Door-Latches-Cupboard-Cabinet-Roller-Latch-Lock-Wooden-Door-Stops-Home.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Sponsored Links
The ones we had on the last job (where every apartment had a double door cupboard) were fitted in the tops of the doors. They had a screw "projection adjuster" which was hidden under a separate face plate. Adjusting them entailed carrying round a stubby PZD#2 and hoping that the door installer had actually routed them in right. Where they hadn't it was a door of job to adjust the fit/rechop them in with a sharp chisel. On most of the smaller roller latches I've seen you just push the roller down into the body and then rotate it to adjust (and they helpfully eeven mark them with the rotation direction):

Ball Roller Catch Adjustable.png

That one you illustrate must have an adjuster screw somewhere or other, surely?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back