The right wingers moan about equality

People with foreign names are far less likely to be selected from a pile of cvs.

We know this because some of these people have put in the identical cv but with a “John Smith” name
It's the opposite where my wife works.

Sponsored Links
Seriously?
God's honest truth!
Don't get me wrong, I've been in some seriously posh loos, but, funnily enough, the only ones with attendants were some public loos in the Smoke, where you put money in a rotary barrier to get in or coin slots in the cubicle doors and there was a geezer there because coins were getting stuck.

I've never had a squirt of anything from a bloke in a public toilet (oooh, Matron!), let alone the personal service Mottie has!

I can remember years back where many public toilets (the ones where you literally had to put an old penny in the bog door to get in - (p1ssing was free) had an attendant in them. I think they lived in!

Sponsored Links
People with foreign names are far less likely to be selected from a pile of cvs.
What about Welsh, Irish, Scottish or Norse names?

Why did this suddenly turn into a thread about loos?

I remember the days when if you didn’t get the job it was because in their opinion someone was more suited to the job. Now they must be ****tin themselves in case someone cries racism/ageism/genderism (and a million other ism’s that get bandied about these days (n)

If asked my age I simply don't give it (as under the GDPR is is not regarded as "essential information" in almost all cases). The reason is that, despite what you think, there really is age discrimination everywhere, just as other forms of discrimination exist in society. If you don't believe it, wait until you are grey haired and see how some people treat you!

I remember the days when if you didn’t get the job it was because in their opinion someone was more suited to the job. Now they must be ****tin themselves in case someone cries racism/ageism/genderism
Characteristics protected by law under the Equality Act 2010, you mean?

We had a lad one place who was a bit odd. Having done some work with autistic adults I reckoned that he was autistic, but said nothing as he was a good worker with superb attention to detail. One day at break he admitted that he had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome (a form of autism). After that a couple of the guys started apparently treating him as though he was a complete moron - despite the (at least to me) obvious fact that he was a lot more intelligent than they were. He just arrived at the end solution a bit differently. After a few weeks of this he upped and left, only telling me on the last day why he was leaving. TBH he was worth as much to us as the two Herberts put together and had I been aware of what was happening they would have been the ones leaving. Discrimination is with us everywhere in society - be happy you are not on the receiving end

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a lad one place who was a bit odd. Having done some work with autistic adults I reckoned that he was autistic, but said nothing as he was a good worker with superb attention to detail. One day at break he admitted that he had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome (a form of autism). After that a couple of the guys started apparently treating him as though he was a complete moron - despite the (at least to me) obvious fact that he was a lot more intelligent than they were. He just arrived at the end solution a bit differently. After a few weeks of this he upped and left, only telling me on the last day why he was leaving. TBH he was worth as much to us as the two Herberts put together and had I been aware of what was happening they would have been the ones leaving. Discrimination is with us everywhere in society - be happy you are not on the receiving end
I totally agree there’s no place for any discrimination anywhere but it is being abused by the more unscrupulous among us.

What about Beauty discrimination?

You ever seen an assistant any less than very attractive working in a Hollisters?

For time immemorial in Scotland people have claimed discrimination on whether they are Catholic or Protestant, they were probably correct a lot of the time too... seems to be less of an issue these days.

I have a hard time believing that any large company or corporation selects for race in the current age... I've no doubt that at some smaller companies you are going to find racist owners who won't employ non-white people (I think most of most of them have met the type, right?) but I guess I've never seen an abundance of White people working in Chinese or South Asian businesses either.

I don't believe it's as widespread as its made out to be though because even among smaller companies, the majority of people aren't racist (I hope) and won't select a weaker candidate because they're white.

Sponsored Links
Back