The Saviour has come.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

As a pro we struggle to do some jobs and we also struggle to be able to help your needs as and when you want it but... If you cant solder or cant make a simple joint yourself the please don't worry.

You can now purchase these. It will stop the need for having to solder, compression or push fit anything onto it and save all your worry...... I don't work for these guys but I know a quality product when I see it!

BTW all the above is sarcastic if you haven't realised but it has to be noted that it is this kind of thing that is killing our trade and why good people actually charge proper money. We don't do it because we want too, we charge because we are worth it.

If anybody, ANYBODY turns up at your house wit pre-made/bought fittings then show them the door!!

Jon

Edit for p1ss poor grammer

Sponsored Links
Great little product Jon, where might i get my hands on some of these? I can imagine these will come in real handy for boiler swaps.

Ah just re read your post didnt realise you were being sarcastic, well i still think they are great.

I've thrown loads of those away over the years. Think of the money j could have made...........

Sponsored Links
The title reminded me of an Australian engineer I know who makes, among other things, prototype pressurised HVAC packs for yachts and off-grid properties.

One of the tricks he was taught by an old plumber, with soldered copper pipe, was to clean and heat the ends and run a trace of solder round the part that will later be inside the fitting, and wipe it smooth with a rag or moleskin before it cools. It's one of those tricks that help with a 100% first-time assembly, though at greater time and cost. They also used to use solder paint which seems to be unobtainable now.

The title reminded me of an Australian engineer I know who makes, among other things, prototype pressurised HVAC packs for yachts and off-grid properties.

One of the tricks he was taught by an old plumber, with soldered copper pipe, was to clean and heat the ends and run a trace of solder round the part that will later be inside the fitting, and wipe it smooth with a rag or moleskin before it cools. It's one of those tricks that help with a 100% first-time assembly, though at greater time and cost. They also used to use solder paint which seems to be unobtainable now.
The term your looking for would be "tinning" , we used to tin the copper when wiping lead joints.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back