The Silent Majority

• Thread starter Johnmelad502
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Basically their belief tells them to rape abuse women and disrespect other cultures. And we should do what France has done ban the women from covering themselvs up.

The first sentence suggests we should respect other cultures. Then, the second one says we should ban them from following their religion by covering up. :confused:

And we should do what France has done

I'm not sure we should use the French as a benchmark for anything except rail or energy policy, they recently made a law against "psychological violence" in marriages which means you can be jailed for insulting your wife, I mean, err, partner.

Many couples I know fight like cat and dog and they are quite happy. In France they'd all be criminals...

And we should do what France has done

I'm not sure we should use the French as a benchmark for anything except rail or energy policy, they recently made a law against "psychological violence" in marriages which means you can be jailed for insulting your wife, I mean, err, partner.

Many couples I know fight like cat and dog and they are quite happy. In France they'd all be criminals...

Rowing and psychological violence are not the same thing.

That said, anything that criminalise-es a Frog has got to be a good thing. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Rowing and psychological violence are not the same thing.

The difference is in the eye of the beholder, in the tangible world of real things, the only difference is the word of the partners involved. They are not the same thing, but rowing IS psychological violence if one partner insults the other and that partner decides to see it as such.

So, if you trade insults for years but one day the wifey has been banging your best mate behind your back and decides you're not funny anymore, she calls in plod and says "he abuses me, he insults me" then you are guilty. If or not anyone would convict or not is a different matter, but then this has become "it's only a crime if you get caught".

This isn't an I'm to scared to leave thing and it shouldn't be illegal. Threatening behavior, causing people to be afraid of a physical consequence, which I can only assume is what you have taken to be psychological violence, is already illegal and doesn't need this law.

Or maybe you think it should be illegal because of "you aren't allowed to see your friends anymore" sort of thing, where there is a vague physical menace that's too covert to convict as an overt threat of violence. I can understand the sentiment, but such a vague law would be abused in enforcement.

Unless a large number of media outlets are lying, the French DO intend this law to cover repeatedly insulting your partner, without any menace, a partner who is free to leave if they choose to at any time.

That said, anything that criminalise-es a Frog has got to be a good thing. :LOL:

Until our nut-case politicians see it and think "oh there's another law we can implement just in case we haven't made an incidental criminal out of everybody yet" and bring it over here.

They have never done anything to me! But I hate them and their so called fanatics hell I even hate the good ones :evil: .
Basically their belief tells them to rape abuse women and disrespect other cultures.

That's a very dumb thing to say about 1.5 (ish) billion people. You are lumping them all together, which is like saying that all Irish people are terrorists.
What you mean there not, it looked like it when they were killing each other and our policewomen :eek: :mad: .

Back