The stock market.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any money in there? I'd get it out if I were you. The only way is down (baby). It's going to slump, slump and slump again into recession and on into depression.

I know JohnD will come along with his saw-tooth graph, but things are different this time.

Last time it was a readjustment with the ERM, this time it is the terminal decline of oil that is leading the way - and that can never be righted, it can only get worse.

With Freddie and Fannie on the verge of collapse over there and over here we've got B&B and A&L about to go the same way as Nthn Rock.

The FTSE continues its slide.

Oh and you can kiss goodbye to your pension.

Sponsored Links
Well, everybody, having had a gut-load of Joe-conomics (no joke there) these last few days, who out there is actually planning not to commit suicide? All together now:

Always look on ther bright side of life... :)

Sponsored Links
joe come on fella, im sure you can think of at least one post that dont have everyone swinging from the rafters... go on i dare you. post a happy one.

Well, everybody, having had a gut-load of Joe-conomics (no joke there) these last few days, who out there is actually planning not to commit suicide? All together now:
Easy ... Just ignore the moaning old git :LOL:

MW

Anyone got any money in there? I'd get it out if I were you. The only way is down (baby). It's going to slump, slump and slump again into recession and on into depression.

I know JohnD will come along with his saw-tooth graph, but things are different this time.

Last time it was a readjustment with the ERM, this time it is the terminal decline of oil that is leading the way - and that can never be righted, it can only get worse.

With Freddie and Fannie on the verge of collapse over there and over here we've got B&B and A&L about to go the same way as Nthn Rock.

The FTSE continues its slide.

Oh and you can kiss goodbye to your pension.

Usual Daily Mail tosh, it'll soon be the best time for a long time to buy any equities (that is if you have any cash)

but still waaaaaay down

AL.

I'm sure you're right, but if you want to make any money on the stocky, never swim with the shoal. (or buy any stock that I buy :LOL:)

things are different this time.
that statement is often made, and always wrong.

Never in the past 100 years has there been a shortfall in available oil. This is the start of the big one.

Let me educate you.

America uses 20 million barrels of oil every day (God only knows what they do with it as they are just 5% of the world population yet use 25% of its oil).

In 2002 oil was $20 per barrel so 20 million x $20 = $40 million daily fuel bill.

In 2008 oil is $150 per barrel so 20 million x 150 = $300 million daily fuel bill.

By the end of the year oil is expected to top $200 per barrel so 20 million x $200 = $400 million daily fuel bill.

Can you see the problem John? Is it different this time? It will never get better - it will only get worse.

You can still make money in the stock market even when share prices fall.
Indeed you can ... And plenty of it.

Many of the most lucrative deals are struck when share prices are at their lowest.

Joe has a lot to learn :rolleyes:

MW

One day I'll actually get through to you. The markets are crashing as the basic raw material that it runs on has gone up 6 fold in as many years.

The market won't go up until oil prices drop - and that will be never.

Sponsored Links
Back