The truth about 'Road Pricing'...

masona said:
Yes, I don't think they got full control over us yet(?)

Why can't we just have a referendum and vote to pull out.?
We can reclaim our fishing waters for a start and stop paying them obscene amounts of money for membership of this corrupt club.

Sponsored Links
Balenza said:
masona said:

Brown/Blair won't give us a referendum because they know the votes will go against them.

masona said:
Balenza said:
masona said:

Brown/Blair won't give us a referendum because they know the votes will go against them.
Although I think you have a point, I would think it's more a case that an elected government has to make choices and decisions on our behalf as you can't hold a referendum on every decision to be made.

tim west said:
masona said:
Balenza said:
masona said:

Although I think you have a point, I would think it's more a case that an elected government has to make choices and decisions on our behalf as you can't hold a referendum on every decision to be made.

The people were promised a referendum two years ago by labour on the EU constitution which will have far reaching implications for the people of the UK. Now Brown tells us their is no need as the blueprint has been amended.
Thats funny because anyone of any importance who is involved in this latest document says the original workings of the draft are fully preserved.
So much for democracy. :(
Wonder what Rambo thinks ?.

Sponsored Links
The EU are not the driving force behind the new passport system that has been introduced, nor are they the driving force behind our ID system. It is the Americans.

The Americans cannot introduce such levels of control there due to their constitution, it would lieterally cause the country to break apart and collapse into the worst civil unrest since the civil war. However they can control who enters their country if others introduce such control measures.

People, please, there is a lot wrong with the current set up in Brussels, and I am certainly no supporter of the current structure, but lets make certain that the correct blame is apportioned where it should be.

The EU's Human Rights legislation prevents the tracking of individuals. Actually it also prevents the data tracking of commercially owned vehicles except where there is a significant rick of criminal activity, such as cash transport vehicles or those carrying other high value commodities, or where the vehicle has an emergency responce role, such as AA, RAC, Police, Ambulance etc.

Whilst the regulations allow data trackers to be fitted to vehicles, they cannot be monitored, and can only be used in the event of theft of the vehicle or with the drivers written consent. To track without permission is an offence, even in the UK.

Europe is not the enemy many think it is, Yes it is badly organised and there is endemic corruption and both of these problems needs to be urgently addressed, but you'd be surprised at how much dodgy legislation simply comes from our Government but they are happy to let Europe take the rap.

masona said:
I really do believe this is the battle we cannot win, once we join the EU, it's not if, it's when and once that happen, the UK will have no choice but to carry the ID cards because it is the EU policy from Brussel.
It's not actually EU policy..

The government would like you to think that, but the only policy the EU has is regarding biometric passports - and the ONLY biometric actually required is a photo!!

ellal said:
masona said:
I really do believe this is the battle we cannot win, once we join the EU, it's not if, it's when and once that happen, the UK will have no choice but to carry the ID cards because it is the EU policy from Brussel.
It's not actually EU policy..

The government would like you to think that, but the only policy the EU has is regarding biometric passports - and the ONLY biometric actually required is a photo!!
Don't know, this quote below is from the book I'm reading(?)

Stulz is right regarding the ID card and it was George W.Bush that told the EU that Europeans should carry them and the EU agreed with the Americans

Britons are going to have to carry ID cards if we remain in the EU. It is EU policy. The Italian Government, for example, has stated that ID cards will strengthen the feeling of unity within the EU'. (We will, presumably, all have matching EU ID cards in the same way that we now have all matching EU passports.)

English politicians are reluctant to admit that ideas like this come from Brussels. There are two reasons for their reluctance: first, they know that the public will be even more unwilling to accept the proposal and second they don't like to admit just how little power they have.

I wanted to get some clarity on the position of the EU regarding ID cards so decided to spend a couple of hours, as it turned out, searching the entire Europa site and drawing a blank on any Policy etc that directly related to EU member states, despite trying about 10 different search methods.

I tried google, and only got press reports, which I do not base much faith in for accuracy.

Frustrated at the seemingly total lack of information I contacted the EU directly via the Login service on Europa Direct and ask some questions..here is the conversation.

Stulz: Could you please explain to me what the Policy of the EU is with regards to ID cards and their introduction to states, especially the UK, who currently do not use such systems.?

Mateus Falke: Certainly. The Policy of the EU is that there should be a Pan European system for the checking of ID cards authenticity and they recognise that almost a third of EU member states do not enforce an ID card system which makes this very difficult. The intention is to encourage those who operate ID card systems to standardise them, and help financially where required, further they are encouraging other states to adopt this system as it will alow the freer movement of EU citizens to move freely without the need to carry passports. The policy document speaks of co-operation between state and the citizens and does not encourage undue enforcement of thier implementation.

Stulz: Thanks. Now are you able to clarify the situation with regards to the ability of the state to track individuals via the use of ID cards and what Biometric data they should contain?

Mateus Falke Of course, The EU does not encourage states to allow the tracking of citizens by use of ID cards, in fact they strongly urge state Governments to only use what measures are necessary to discourage forging of the cards with a simplified system to verify authenticity. With regards to the Biometric data, the Policy of the EU is that this data should be voluntary and restricted to urgent medical information, such as blood type, Allergies and ongoing medical conditions that may be crucial in an emergency. The EU does not encourage the use of iris scan technology nor fingerprint scan technology as neither have proved reliable in test carried by the US military or the independent research for the EU. Further any system of such cards that a given state may intorduce would cause problems elswhere in Europe where states have written constitutions that actively ban the state from storing such information or tracking citizens except in exceptional circumstances and authorised by a Judge or Magistrate, depending on the State.

Stulz From the information you have available to you, can you tell me what encouragement, inducements or support the EU may have given to Britain regarding the proposed ID scheme here in the UK?

Mateus Falke There is limited information available on this type of question, but what I can see is a statement from Romano Prodi to Prime Minister Blair where he actively tried to dissuade the UK Government from the introduction of cards using Iris scan and Fingerprint scan technologies. He stated that in the experience of Italy and other states a Photograph scanned on and protected with secret information against fraud was sufficient. He felt the expence too high, the possible abuses by security personell too real and the liklihood of the entire ID idea being scrapped by a future Government to be realistic. He felt that it is better to have a simple system that could be protected and supported by the general population than a cumbersome system that had flaws built into it from the start and lacked popular support.

Obviously there is a lot there I did not put here, like the waiting for Mateus to hunt out the information and get the help of a supervisor to find some of it and the general chit chat that went into the converstaion and Mateus's own personal thoughts on the whole ID issue. He said that they get far more calls from the Mainland EU on this issue than the UK as many in some nations have been told that their ID systems will be scrapped, and they do not agree with it.

I think what this shows is that a lot of the information that is out there, especially in the press, is diluted, twisted or outright lies to serve an agenda. It is in the interests of the Government to blame the EU because if it all goes pear shaped them they have a scape goat 90% of the population will accept!

Most things are never as simple and straight forward as they seem, especially when dealing with Politics.

Stulz said:
Stulz: Could you please explain to me what the Policy of the EU is with regards to ID cards and their introduction to states, especially the UK, who currently do not use such systems.?

Mateus Falke: Certainly. The Policy of the EU is that there should be a Pan European system for the checking of ID cards authenticity and they recognise that almost a third of EU member states do not enforce an ID card system which makes this very difficult. The intention is to encourage those who operate ID card systems to standardise them, and help financially where required, further they are encouraging other states to adopt this system as it will alow the freer movement of EU citizens to move freely without the need to carry passports. The policy document speaks of co-operation between state and the citizens and does not encourage undue enforcement of thier implementation.

Stulz: Thanks. Now are you able to clarify the situation with regards to the ability of the state to track individuals via the use of ID cards and what Biometric data they should contain?

Mateus Falke Of course, The EU does not encourage states to allow the tracking of citizens by use of ID cards, in fact they strongly urge state Governments to only use what measures are necessary to discourage forging of the cards with a simplified system to verify authenticity. With regards to the Biometric data, the Policy of the EU is that this data should be voluntary and restricted to urgent medical information, such as blood type, Allergies and ongoing medical conditions that may be crucial in an emergency. The EU does not encourage the use of iris scan technology nor fingerprint scan technology as neither have proved reliable in test carried by the US military or the independent research for the EU. Further any system of such cards that a given state may intorduce would cause problems elswhere in Europe where states have written constitutions that actively ban the state from storing such information or tracking citizens except in exceptional circumstances and authorised by a Judge or Magistrate, depending on the State.

Stulz From the information you have available to you, can you tell me what encouragement, inducements or support the EU may have given to Britain regarding the proposed ID scheme here in the UK?

Mateus Falke There is limited information available on this type of question, but what I can see is a statement from Romano Prodi to Prime Minister Blair where he actively tried to dissuade the UK Government from the introduction of cards using Iris scan and Fingerprint scan technologies. He stated that in the experience of Italy and other states a Photograph scanned on and protected with secret information against fraud was sufficient. He felt the expence too high, the possible abuses by security personell too real and the liklihood of the entire ID idea being scrapped by a future Government to be realistic. He felt that it is better to have a simple system that could be protected and supported by the general population than a cumbersome system that had flaws built into it from the start and lacked popular support.

So...(taking this 'discussion' at face value)

Is there anything in there that says the EU is driving the UK passport/ID card systems as regards a database/tracking or use of any biometric other than a photo?

At the heart of the EU is Germany, and for historical reasons they will not allow 'numbering' of the population!

So the idea of the EU driving this is b*llshit!

Also the idea that the US is pushing the EU is wide of the mark...It is the software companies that are pushing this and 'treasure island' (aka the UK) is the perfect testing ground!

When Iraq invaded Kuwait and abducted many people, as soon as the allies repelled them the local authorities were able to assess the situation using a single CD which contained a full list of every Kuwaiti.

Tony

Stulz said:
I think what this shows is that a lot of the information that is out there, especially in the press, is diluted, twisted or outright lies to serve an agenda.
I've been saying that for ages.

passports, driving lin,Nat Ins, car reg,rates bill, banks,loan companys,Insurance companys,ect ect , bet no-one knows were i am or who i am :eek: :confused: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back