The truth about 'Road Pricing'...

Softus said:
No answer to the fact that 'free speech' doesn't really exist anymore?... ;)

Innocent? Really? I find that there are very few people I come across, friends and family included, who aren't prepared to engage in a little light insurance fraud, or who would speak up if given too much money in their change in a shop or if something were missed off a restaurant menu, or who declare all tips and gratuities to the tax office.
And what are you to do with all these 'guilty people'?...stop almost every car? - methinks you've confused yourself over the meaning of 'innocent' in this context.. ;)

Given that I've even been called "stupid" for taking the honest line in all of those things, you have a very long way to go to convince me that a net cast wide and long would catch many dolphin in amongst the tuna.
You been taking lessons from Eric Cantona?.... :LOL:

Almost the whole population is corrupt in some way or other.
But not you?...

Sponsored Links
ellal said:
No answer to the fact that 'free speech' doesn't really exist anymore?
Well, my answer is that it does. But if you want to regard it as a fact, then that's fine too.

And what are you to do with all these 'guilty people'?...stop almost every car? - methinks you've confused yourself over the meaning of 'innocent' in this context.
Again, if you want to believe that, then I can live with it.

Almost the whole population is corrupt in some way or other.
But not you?
Correct - not me. I know of only five people who aren't.

I'm going to leave you to it ellal. Sorry, but I'm bored by this now.
All the best.
S.

Stulz said:
Deluks said:
Sorry, not enough to convince me. The last few gas bills I received were estimated and they were well over the odds.

These estimates seem to suit the governments needs :rolleyes:

I rather not have to carry an ID card and pay the £80 if perchance they were to catch me (but how would they know who I was???)

Ilegal immigrants are here illegally, therefore why would they apply for an ID card? And if caught without one would they be deported? No. Not gonna happen, so they will be forced to get an ID card. Then they could apply for benefits/housing/legal aid etc which would cost us even more.

Considering the Government have a history of UNDERESTIMATING a given problem that they find embarrassing, see the news reports of freed sexual predators etc that occured last year, and the fact that many Immigrants groups actually feel this figure is at the lowest end of the estimates, I think your burying your head in the sand, and equating this problem to a gas bill is simply ludicrous.

In this case, overestimating would serve the governments needs, ie: frightening everyone into believing that ID cards are a necessity.

Stulz said:
Your comments about ID cards simply imply you have no grasp of the issues at hand as your comments are trivial and I simply cannot be bothered to give them the time of day.

Good cop out.

;)

So maybe you'll like to educate me on the issues at hand and convince me that ID cards are a good idea?

Sponsored Links
Anyone else noticed the similarity in writing skills(?) between Stulz and Softus? interesting....

tim west said:
Anyone else noticed the similarity in writing skills(?) between Stulz and Softus? interesting....

Would you be trying to divert attention from yourself? Please do give it a rest, it is not something your very good at Tim. Further, your comment about posting style is a red herring.

I can certainly assure you I am not Softus, or any other poster on this forum.

Deluks said:
Good cop out.

;)

So maybe you'll like to educate me on the issues at hand and convince me that ID cards are a good idea?

Hardly a cop out, I simply did not feel the comments you left earlier warranted a serious response. There are times when nothing is the best option.

Why should I educate you, you have a brain don't you, may I suggest you put it in gear, forget the absurd statements of the liberal middle ground and think for yourself.

The answers to your question are obvious, I mentioned some in my earlier post on the subject. I would suggest you reread it and then seriously consider it. Then perhaps we can discuss this properly and not resort to the silliness that some would like to see.

Stulz said:
Why should I educate you, you have a brain don't you, may I suggest you put it in gear, forget the absurd statements of the liberal middle ground and think for yourself.
All from the person who doesn't believe in insulting others, what a hypocrite!

Stulz: Having read this thread from start to finish your first post was excellent but you have become more extreme with your views and disrespectful of other's equally valid opinions as the thread has progressed.

Don't forget that your opinion is no more (or less) informed or valid than anyone else's.

A piece of advice from an uninformed observer ... Don't take up politics ... You'd starve :LOL:

megawatt said:
Stulz: Having read this thread from start to finish your first post was excellent but you have become more extreme with your views and disrespectful of other's equally valid opinions as the thread has progressed.

Don't forget that your opinion is no more (or less) informed or valid than anyone else's.
Have to agree, Stulz started off okay but no need to get rattled :!:

penpusher said:
Why wouldn't an offence of not being in posession of a valid ID card NOT be a good idea?

Ever gone out and "oh, I've forgotten me wallet"

so it's right to fine people for being forgetful?

and what is supposed to 'happen' to people who don't possess an ID card. What do we do with them?

mmmm, Soylent Green for dinner again.

Stulz said:
The answers to your question are obvious, I mentioned some in my earlier post on the subject. I would suggest you reread it and then seriously consider it. Then perhaps we can discuss this properly and not resort to the silliness that some would like to see.

So you think that carrying of ID cards will get rid of illegal immigration and bring loads of lost tax back into the economy?

In Spain, where ID cards are mandatory, they have an even bigger problem with illegals than we do.

An acquaintance of mine is Spanish, lives in Spain and has a passport/driving licence/ID card. Her last three jobs have been full time and cash in hand, ie: paying no tax.

The so called black economy in Spain is rife. What purpose has the ID card served there?

My pal is a gardener, all above board and everything goes in the book.

Lets assume otherwise.

None of his longstanding regular customers have ever asked for proof that he pays tax or NI, for all they know he could be pocketing the lot and signing on. How would ID cards stop this kind of behaviour?

Your ideas work in principle but I don't think you've thought through the practical side.

Id cards are un-enforcable nonsense, and a waste of time in my opinion.

Perhaps government will make us have a microchip placed in our bodies at birth and possible an ID barcode tattooed somewhere :eek: :LOL:

gas4you said:
Perhaps government will make us have a microchip placed in our bodies at birth and possible an ID barcode tattooed somewhere :eek: :LOL:

not from birth.....yet !

July 15, 2004
While tens of thousands of tiny radio-frequency identification devices have been implanted in animals for years, there were suspicions that one day they would have use in humans, too. That suspicion was confirmed this week, when Mexico's Attorney General, Rafael Macedo de la Concha, reported that he had a chip implanted in his arm for security reasons.
Macedo went on to say that 160 of his employees had been implanted with the rice-grain-sized chips, manufactured by the VeriChip Corp.

Note the excuse...security ;)

Sponsored Links
Back