The Weather

There are some on here that disbelieve global warming/climate change, based solely on the vagaries of thermometer accuracy.

Lol.

You've totally misunderstood what has been posted and are, as usual, spoiling the thread in your dim witted way.

Sponsored Links
Scraping ice off the windscreen is something I usually only do once a year, maybe twice in a harsh winter. If it's 0 degrees in Exeter, it would normally be about 5 degrees down here.
You haven't grasped the difference between the weather and the climate. Gut feelings are not a good thing to base your beliefs on.

You haven't grasped the difference between the weather and the climate. Gut feelings are not a good thing to base your beliefs on.

Groan.

He has grasped it. The point being made is that the mainstream media confuses climate and weather and does so in a way that promotes an alarmist, warming narrative. And it is absolutely deliberate and done to mislead and scare people.

People like you then imbibe that message but, strangely, think they are being scientific by making glib comments and "following".

Sponsored Links
The point being made is
The point being made is just wrong. There is a claim that there is someone on TV, every night, saying things are "hot" at the moment. That is sensationalist nonsense.
And it is absolutely deliberate and done to mislead and scare people.
That is your gut feeing, nothing more, as most of your posts are. Uneducated opinion and nonsense.

Summary​

Rather subdued temperatures​

Initially it will be changeable and chilly, followed by a temporary warmer and drier period from the middle of next week. There is increasing uncertainty next weekend and into early May, with an overall cooler trend again.
Later it will remain rather changeable with temperatures close to or slightly above average.

I don't see "hot" mentioned once.

The point being made is just wrong. There is a claim that there is someone on TV, every night, saying things are "hot" at the moment. That is sensationalist nonsense.

That is your gut feeing, nothing more, as most of your posts are. Uneducated opinion and nonsense.

Do you have anything creative or useful to say? Do you ever take the lead in a conversation? Or are you only ever going to post short, boring responses disparaging those you disagree with - people who actually bother to make a point of their own?

I could post the settled science all day long but you refute that, just because...

I don't care what you think but I'll continue to point out that it has no basis in fact, and is often lies. That's if it's ok with you of course...

Today, I am planning to put the new garden table and chairs together. I want to get one of those tanks that prevent the parasol from blowing away. They sell one at B&Q for a fiver but the reviews seem rather extreme. Some love it, others explain that it leaks from the hole, cracks, and is too small to make any difference in anything beyond a light breeze. Argos sell the exact same one for £12. However, The Range sell one that is twice the size and has the hole and stopper on the top side, and they want about 11 quid. So I'll plump for that one.

I'm not sure if it is warm enough to actually use the new set today, although this afternoon is forecast to be sunny. The Met Office forecast 11C but the "feels like temperature" will be 8C. Perhaps a little cold for sitting out with a beer. The good news is, the unseasonably cool weather is a good excuse to have a nice fire in the woodburner at a point in the year when we usually wouldn't bother. It's one of our favourite things to do to relax with a fire in the evenings.

I'm also going to buy some bird feed because, whilst it is now the Spring, it is still on the cool side so I think it'll do the bird life some good. Plus I want to attract the birds back in following what has been a long garden renovation project.

Still waiting for the grass seeds to really make progress. I've bought another box for when things eventually start warming up.

What do others have planned on this weather?

In fairness to filly, he was responding to my back and forth, about the vagaries of temperature within relatively short distances. Some climate change nutter on here actually put forth the inaccuracies of thermometers as an argument against climate change.

Seriously.

Guys, start another thread.

Your obsessive climate alarmism is very boring and off topic. Jonathan and I had a chat about it all yesterday which was in good faith. You obviously disagree with my take. I understand, thank you for sharing.

Let's draw a line under it.

Thanks

One thing I do know is that every night on the local weather forecast. when stating the the predicted temperatures, they are going out of their way to hammer home that these low temperatures are still above the average temperature for this time of year.

**** off, I can't remember a time in my life when the central heating has been on every night throughout April.

The only consistent part of the UK weather, is that it will be unpredictable, and inconsistent. In the 60's, in June, hillwalking, I remember we were caught out by a blizzard.

Sponsored Links
Back