The Weather

By and large. The same group, right wingers, are covid and vaccine deniers, brexit, climate change deniers, Boris and Trump supporting, slogan loving, headline lovers.

Not all, and not all things, but as a general grouping its accurate
I don't think it is, particularly. The Venn diagram bubble for "stupid people" will have many with disquiet over things they don't understand, but it doesn't necessarliy contain all of those groups. Some, of course.
It's very easy to lump all those with whom one disagrees, into one's "stupid" bubble.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I don't think it is, particularly. The Venn diagram bubble for "stupid people" will have a lot of disquiet over things they don't understand, but it doesn't necessarliy contain all of those groups. Some, of course.
It's very easy to lump all those with whom one disagrees, into one's "stupid" bubble.
Until they prove me wrong that's where I'm putting them

Every slightly exceptional change in the weather, is blamed on man induced climate change.
What do you say when almost all climate change scientists agree that man made climate change is happening? They are all wrong, but just don't know it? Or, they know they are wrong but say it anyway?

The climate is changing, the climate has always changed, and it will continue to change

The argument, though, is that the temperature is increasing between twenty and fifty times faster than it has ever done before. And that this can only happen because of something mankind is doing.

the difference now, is that they blame it on the CO2 we are generating

Do you accept the basic theory about how CO2 and other greenhouse gases trap heat?

Sponsored Links
The argument, though, is that the temperature is increasing between twenty and fifty times faster than it has ever done before. And that this can only happen because of something mankind is doing.

There's no evidence for that at all I'm afraid.

Or, when you say "ever", do you mean since 1850 or whatever arbitrary, geologically recent period is selected?

I'll just say again, mankind is not going to die out because of climate change and it won't be significantly challenging for mankind to deal with as a result of our possible contribution to it. Therefore, there's no point worrying about it and no point moaning about it. We are more likely to be wiped out by an asteroid or volcanic eruptions before climate change, not to mention nuclear weapons, or a leaked virus.

So why does everybody keep whining on about climate change? ... because it is profitable perhaps? There's no money to be made or narrative to peddle around random volcanic eruptions is there?

I'm just sick of hearing boring fuks go on about it. Go out and get laid. Travel. Have some fun. Do something creative or otherwise productive. "Blah blah blah, whine whine whine, they said, you said, they agree, you don't agree, that's not what some people I can't name think..." just fk the fk off. Get some anxiety medication and leave the rest of us in peace to enjoy our limited time on this mortal coil.

Ps. It's turned out to be a very warm afternoon here. Looks like the Met Office's predictions were wrong as usual. Chin chin!

Or, when you say "ever", do you mean since 1850 or whatever arbitrary, geologically recent period is selected?

I mean as long as the geologic record goes back. Millions of years. A temperature increase that took 5,000 years before, is on track to happen in as little as 100 years.

There is enough evidence for almost all climate scientists to be convinced it is happening. I know who I believe...

You don't have any clue what most "climate scientists" think and this has been explained to you before. Too ill educated and stupid to understand, and a terrible memory to go with the lack of comprehension.

No serious scientist believes there is an "emergency" or "crisis".

Prove me wrong if you can - give me specific names, qualifications, and quotations where that is categorically stated.

Here is your opportunity. Give some some interesting detail to back up your assertions or kindly FO. Every one of your boring posts is producing CO2.

I mean as long as the geologic record goes back. Millions of years. A temperature increase that took 5,000 years before, is on track to happen in as little as 100 years.

So you're comparing data derived from massive numbers of thermometers, often located in urban areas, to a time when there were no thermometers at all where we only have secondary evidence? Ok.

I think some of you guys want there to be an emergency. It is important to you for some reason. Perhaps it fills a psychological need? And you won't be persuaded otherwise.

I'm drinking a beer in the sun. My fair lady is cooking us a roast. We will enjoy a nice evening meal with more booze, then engage in some pleasurable activities together by a roaring fire. I intend to live as well as I can, whilst I can. Just like all those COP and Davos grifters in their private jets, fooling people like you into worrying and going without.

Be a winner, be a loser. I don't care. Trying to help you is a waste of my time.

I'll just say again, mankind is not going to die out because of climate change and it won't be significantly challenging for mankind to deal with as a result of our possible contribution to it. Therefore, there's no point worrying about it and no point moaning about it. We are more likely to be wiped out by an asteroid or volcanic eruptions before climate change, not to mention nuclear weapons, or a leaked virus.

So why does everybody keep whining on about climate change? ... because it is profitable perhaps? There's no money to be made or narrative to peddle around random volcanic eruptions is there?

I'm just sick of hearing boring fuks go on about it. Go out and get laid. Travel. Have some fun. Do something creative or otherwise productive. "Blah blah blah, whine whine whine, they said, you said, they agree, you don't agree, that's not what some people I can't name think..." just fk the fk off. Get some anxiety medication and leave the rest of us in peace to enjoy our limited time on this mortal coil.

Ps. It's turned out to be a very warm afternoon here. Looks like the Met Office's predictions were wrong as usual. Chin chin!
What a load of.....

More toilet roll please

Oh well you'd better get in my "stupid " bubble!
I know/of a few passionate environmentalists who think Brexit is great. One of them is religious too - obviously barking.
I never said all. But enough to make generalisation

As a generalisation it's not far off.

Trying to help you is a waste of my time.

And I thought it was me trying to help you! By walking you gently through the basics.

I understand how greenhouse gases trap heat, as do all other scientists, whether they be physicists, chemists or biologists. The mechanism is well known. I also believe that scientists know how to very accurately measure surface and ocean temperatures in reproducible ways. I know less about the geologic record, but I was quoting from NASA.

Putting it all together. I believe the earth is warming. I believe the rate of warming is many times faster than at any other time in the millions of years for which we have geologic records. I believe that means it is extremely likely to have a human cause. And I believe that greenhouse gases are almost certainly the reason for this human cause.

Sponsored Links
Back