The wooden wonder

Sponsored Links
There is a lot of interest in the Mossie at the moment, probably due to a few of them undergoing restoration around the world in an effort to preserve them.
They were the planes used in the fictional film 633 Squadron. East Kirkby Heritage Centre in Lincolnshire have restored one, (HJ711), and give people taxi rides, along with their Lancaster Bomber "Just Jane", (NX611), along the grass next to the dispersal area. Have a look at this link.

the museum - Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (lincsaviation.co.uk)

The father of one of my school mates was a piano maker by trade and was conscripted as such into the war effort. It was some years after the war ended that he revealed that the "pianos" he made as part of the war effort were in fact components for the airframes of military aircraft

Sponsored Links
The father of one of my school mates was a piano maker by trade and was conscripted as such into the war effort. It was some years after the war ended that he revealed that the "pianos" he made as part of the war effort were in fact components for the airframes of military aircraft
Did he paint the invasion stripes for d-day. :rolleyes:

Having spotted the sign one day joining the M25, going to the Mosquito museum at St Albans was always on my 'to do' list but sadly never got round to it. Lovely plane.

One of my Airfix favourites, alongside the Flying Fortress

Airfix kits, did you ever, like me, spend a few days assembling one, then another few days painting it, then fill it with lighter fluid and set fire to it whilst throwing it from the bedroom window shouting "Gott im Himmel" .

Airfix kits, did you ever, like me, spend a few days assembling one, then another few days painting it, then fill it with lighter fluid and set fire to it whilst throwing it from the bedroom window shouting "Gott im Himmel" .
Probably a few months between assembly and destruction , but yes

When I was 12 I had a number of model planes which hung from the bedroom ceiling. We were moving house and they were packed into a cardboard box but the box was not sealed. On arrival at our new house I opened the box a few days later to find my younger sister had crammed some of her toys in the box. Must have been between 15 and 20 models in there and not one of them survived her packing method. :(

Just watched this. Very emotional at the end, even a tough commando couldn't hide his feelings. Would be great if we could see at least one at the airshows in this country.

I had to record it. Apparently, I did not pre-book a viewing slot :(

Sponsored Links
Back