The World has gone crazy!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, not been on for ages.

After a year of pretty much scratching around picking up bits and pieces work wise this wekk has gone Feckin potty!!!

Last Thursday phone went 3 times!!!

Call 1, will you see if my house needs re-wiring
Call 2, could come and install 4 new circuits
Call 3, hello you quoted for a re-wire 5 months ago, can you start in a week?

So, 1 yes it needs re-wiring, they want it doing in January
2 Installed 4 new circuits on Tuesday
3 Assessed job again today, starts Monday, followed by another
whole load of work at his flat across the road straight after!!!

Phone went tonight

Hello, you quoted for a re-wire 2 months ago, can you start on the 24th

Neighbour calls round, can you change my CU and put some sockets in our new conservatory next weekend?

I am now going to be as busy as I was this time last year!!!!!

Is the crunch over???? Or do people just like having work done in November???

I am not complaining AT ALL, just cannot comprehend the sudden in rush of work

Sponsored Links
Well done,
grab it while you can, just in time for Chrimbo! :LOL: :LOL:

Is the crunch over????
No, but I think that people who've survived so far are starting to think "Oh b*****ks to it - let's just get it done, or we'll be worrying forever - if the worst happens we'll just have to get through it - can't hide under the duvet forever".

Or do people just like having work done in November???
Christmas can be a spur...

True Conny, will have enough cash to stay blocked for the whole of xmas, it will numb the pain of being away from my little girls!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
cheers Rob, already got my mate Guzzy lined up, mind you if his wife delivers then I may well call :D

it's the "ahh.. it's christmas lights time soon, and there was that funny burning smell last year.. maybe I should get it sorted" phenomenon..

i have found the trade to be like that for the past two years, more so in the last year, one minuite you are working from day to day / week to week, then you get so much you have to turn stuff down and then i often accept the wrong jobs haha. Get as much in as you can i say, sleep when your dead.

never turn down work, try and re-schedule it and if the client cancels then that's their choice.
develope a band of co-workers who you can pass jobs off to ( or sub to ) and hopefully they will do the same when you're slow and they're not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back