There has been a shooting...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... in a supermarket in New Jersey, three dead including the gunman.

But it is their constitutional right to have a gun. Wonder if they will ever realise that having personal weaponry does not make the country safer.

I think the constitution really says you have the right to bare arms. Wearing a tshirt has got to be safer than the penile replacement called the gun.

Sponsored Links
Idiot. It's the 'right to bear arms'.

Furry things with claws at the finger tips. :mrgreen:

I just checked. Its the right to arm bears. Its to give hunting more of an edge. 9 foot tall, claws, sharp teeth, run as fast as a horse and now toting a mgnum .45.

The US is not England.

It borders Mexico, and itself is a huge country with many "outback" communities.

Banning guns in the US would really just ban it for law abiding citizens, It's somewhat easier for our island nation to ban them (though we still have 10,000 gun related crimes a year).

Banning guns in the US would be a joke of a policy enacted by well meaning idiots.

Wonder if they will ever realise that having personal weaponry does not make the country safer.

You don't seem to understand why the 2nd amendment exists.

Sponsored Links
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

America has had some pretty ****ty presidents, and many of them wielded great power during such times as the cold war.

One has to wonder how things may have turned out different for America if the government had no reason to fear the citizenry. There are more corrupt dictatorships still today than there are "free democracies".

someone who doesnt know how to use google said:
indeed, would you care to quote it??? any mention of guns

Guns (albeit basic), existed in 1791 when the use of the word "arms" was included in the ratified constitution.

So if you are arguing that "guns" are not mentioned in the constitution, well, good luck with that argument, not like it's been tried before by many........

You could say the answer is to make it compulsory for everyone to carry a weapon.

That way, if a nutcase opens fire, in seconds they will be shot down by scores of gun weilding onlookers.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

America has had some pretty s presidents, and many of them wielded great power during such times as the cold war.

One has to wonder how things may have turned out different for America if the government had no reason to fear the citizenry. There are more corrupt dictatorships still today than there are "free democracies".

someone who doesnt know how to use google said:
indeed, would you care to quote it??? any mention of guns

Guns (albeit basic), existed in 1791 when the use of the word "arms" was included in the ratified constitution.

So if you are arguing that "guns" are not mentioned in the constitution, well, good luck with that argument, not like it's been tried before by many........

but you have to remember america is NOT a civilised country.

Back in the 80's, a bloke at work told me that Sweden had a 0% 'occupied' burglary rate, due to just about everyone having a handgun in their bedside tables.

Burglars didn't dare their a*ses.

what's the difference between "a well-regulated militia" and "any nutter with a gun?" :confused:

what's the difference between "a well-regulated militia" and "any nutter with a gun?" :confused:

A 'well regulated militia get paid to bump people off, nutters just think they are brave.

You could say the answer is to make it compulsory for everyone to carry a weapon.

That way, if a nutcase opens fire, in seconds they will be shot down by scores of gun weilding onlookers.

please no, I'd be the first to accidentally shoot myself :D

Back in the 80's, a bloke at work told me that Sweden had a 0% 'occupied' burglary rate, due to just about everyone having a handgun in their bedside tables.

Burglars didn't dare their a*ses.

Gun deaths per 100,000

1.5 Sweden
0.22 UK

hmmm.

Also "In Sweden, private possession of handguns (pistols and revolvers) is permitted under licence, in some cases, but not for the protection of person or property"

Sponsored Links
Back