There has been a shooting...

so wikipedia is always correct, as I say, I don't know what official figures are. but then again, I suspect neither do you.

The links on wiki gives the source information including the report from UNODC, so you can check yourself.

well I just did, what part of that link mentions firearms??

Sigh.

That's the point, you looked at gun deaths and not homicide rates.

If people are killing each other, does it matter if it is with a gun or a knife.

You wanted to draw people to the conclusion that gun deaths in Sweden are higher = guns cause more deaths, I could draw people to the conclusion that homicide is lower in Sweden = guns prevent homicide.

Both conclusions are nonsense.

whatever.

Sponsored Links
If there are less weapons lying around it is harder to kill someone, ergo less deaths

Guns should not be in civilians hands.

Sponsored Links
I am talking about America, a place where they cannot look after guns responsibly. We do a better job over here, not perfect but better.

I am talking about America, a place where they cannot look after guns responsibly. We do a better job over here, not perfect but better.

No, we do a terrible job by making it difficult or impossible for people to legally own firearms, especially interesting ones. Unique firearms have been severely damaged ('deactivated') or totally destroyed under our laws. It's a joke.

It's so bad we didn't enter the majority of the Olympic shooting events because we can't actually own and use the firearms involved in this country.

You do not have to own a swimming pool to become a swimming champion. I reckon if we wanted ourselves represented in the Olympics at shooting at every level, make the guns available at gun clubs in a controlled situation, do not let the guns out the clubs.

For all I know they may well be.

As it stands gun crime has more impact on our society than gun sports.

You do not have to own a swimming pool to become a swimming champion. I reckon if we wanted ourselves represented in the Olympics at shooting at every level, make the guns available at gun clubs in a controlled situation, do not let the guns out the clubs.

That's what a huge number of firearm owners do because of the expense of storing securely anyway. Still doesn't change the fact that they cannot use most of the Olympic firearms at all in this country, they're illegal.

They are not, and all you know is nothing.

As it stands gun crime has more impact on our society than gun sports

Because we have no shooting sports left! Firearm crime has little or nothing to do with legally owned firearms.

an interesting gun... really?? quite happy with the gun laws, they should really be much tighter.

That's what a huge number of firearm owners do because of the expense of storing securely anyway. Still doesn't change the fact that they cannot use most of the Olympic firearms at all in this country, they're illegal.

They are not, and all you know is nothing.

As it stands gun crime has more impact on our society than gun sports

Because we have no shooting sports left! Firearm crime has little or nothing to do with legally owned firearms.

I really do not care what goes on in gun clubs, it is of no interest to me. However my point stands, if we wanted improve our showing in the shooting sports, make the guns available in a VERY controlled setting.

You state firearm crime has little or nothing to do with legally owned firearms, correct as there is so few legally owned firearms, which is a good thing.

The less guns that are around the less chance of us using them for criminal purposes.

You state firearm crime has little or nothing to do with legally owned firearms, correct as there is so few legally owned firearms, which is a good thing.

There are 1,801,540 legally-owned guns in England and Wales.

I will leave you to decide if that is 'many' or 'few'.

Sponsored Links
Back