Hi Chris have a look at Heating Innovations Ltd info page they make panels for various options the H3 panel sounds like what you are loking for give Mike Smith a call top guy he will sort you out.
Hope this helps.
Andy.

Sponsored Links
although it says "wood burner" I'm wondering if it means wood pellet, as they can be controlled.

Wood Pellet (biomass), wood burning stoves and other solid fuel are all usable as it utilises a fully pumped and protected circuit for each heat source as well as a dual immersion heater with safety cutout and pressure/temp relief. It doesn't rely on gravity circulation for the solid fuel so that heat source is controllable from the thermal store overheat perspective and with a heat sink radiator added(or a home made jacuzzi/swimming pool)that avoids the wood burner from overheating once the store is satisfied.

Chris, It is all doable but again you need to get a whizz with advance heating systems and solid fuel experience to design it correctly for you. Aint going to be cheap.

All the biomass/pellet boilers I've come across utilise quite a large thermal store/heat dump. However running a biomass on this set up is quite expensive if what I have been told by the customers are anything to go by.

But they shouldn't; unlike a wood burning stove, a pellet burner has a hopper that only feeds it when the temperature begins to drop, so a thermal store can be utilised, but isn't a necessity. A thermal store is needed with a wood burning stove in case the water feeding the rads overheats, then you can set the 2 way valve to dump the excess heat into the store. But if you've got a good supply of free logs, then a wood burning stove makes sense, as it's cheaper to run than a pellet burner.

Personally, unless you want a bit of a Heath Robinson system, I think an LPG boiler makes more sense; at least for the heat and hot water. You can then use the wood burning stove for general use until the house gets too cold.

Sponsored Links
Wood burning stove...... In a pokey little hove.... I mean home..... In the summer?

No chance.

And I have several relatives using stoves/fires, off grid, as a significant heat source (in fact I only have one UK based relative on mains gas as it happens).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back