Thermostat nightmare!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can help as we’re having trouble with our heating. We have an old conventional boiler which is controlled by a separate thermostat. The thermostat shows that heating should be off however the radiators are boiling hot and you can hear the boiler chugging away as though we have the heating on. I’ve tried resetting the it but nothing works and we’re currently wasting £5+ per day on gas!! I have no idea what brand the thermostat is and can’t find a manual (inherited the ancient boiler when we moved in). I’ve attached a pic incase anyone has any clue how it works or has this system too. Thank you
upload_2020-1-24_21-8-9.jpeg

Sponsored Links
that is not a thermostat, it is a programmer you will have control valves and most likely the fault is there

That's not a thermostat, it's a programmer. I'd say your problem is much more likely to be a motorised valve stuck open, however

Sponsored Links
Oh right sorry haven’t got a clue! Where would the valve be and is this a job for a plumber to look at or something we can fix?

92681.jpg
ae235.jpeg

It'll look like one if these, and it either needs the motor head or the entire valve replacing, depending on why it's stopped working

That’s great thanks least we know now, thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back