Thermostatic Shower WTF!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

Just bought my first thermostatic shower to install (done electric ones before... easy) and I'm totally at a loss of how I'm supposed to mount this thing. I assumed it would come with brackets for the shower arm and the shower body but no!

There are threaded elbows and a straight to connect the valve to pipes but there is no connector for the arm and no way of either being fastened. Am I goin mental or is something wrong? Any help much much much appreciated...

By the way, the collar on the shower arm is moveable as is the plate on the valve body.

Sponsored Links
at a guess its a semi concealed shower mixer,the pipes are hidden,and the plate holds it to wall. im not expert on showers. so don't blow me down :cry:

Hi! I know it has to go inside the wall (I have a stud partition) but that doesn't hold it in place. There is no way of clamping the front plate against the stud wall. The only thing I can think of would be using copper pipe held with clips but I was hoping to use some flexible pipes to connect.

Sponsored Links
You may have to put some extra studs or noggins in and hold it on the pipework.. I wouldn't use flexis they often reduce the internal diameter of the pipe quite a lot which isn't good for shower performance...

Hmm... thought that might be the case. What about the shower arm though. For a start there's no threaded elbow with it and the arm is 18" long so surely that can't be held by pipework can it? Do you think the kit should've come with some kind of wallplate elbow? The shower arm is a 3/4" BSP male thread though and all wp elbows I've seen are 1/2"...

Yeah I dont think you can get a 3/4 wp elbow, will have to be a bent 3/4 female iron, well supported on some 3 x 2 or something like that..

Fit a 3/4" x 15MM MI into a 1/2" X 15MM wall plate.

Or use a 3/4" x 22mm wall plate, yes you can get them.

I think I'm gonna have to ring the "manufacturer" (importer) in the morning and see how they expect this thing to be installed cos the instructions are diabolical and supporting that heavy arm from a threaded elbow and a pipe clip is a recipe for disaster I reckon...

I suppose that could work seco (though I assume you mean this one (it's a male thread on the shower arm). Still very surprised that it doesn't come with one of those in the kit. Seems pretty imperative to the whole installation of the thing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back